First Flight (Epilogue and Last Thoughts)

KSK

I had some spare time today and I decided to do a little bit of fanart. Here's my rendition of a Kermol:

http://imgur.com/vnu2uSW

I don't think this is the best work I've ever done, but I hope you like it. :D

Certainly do - love the hat!

Looks like he's (I think it's a male kermol?) heading off for a day in the fields, or possibly sap-tapping. Good solid boots, nice traditional poncho, but shortened a bit for practicality, whereas the evening or leisurewear version would be more bathrobe length.

I'm thinking I might add a separate fan-art section to the chapter listing on page 1. And I'm totally stoked that there's enough material that I can be seriously considering that!

• 2 weeks later...
Ah - fraid not. The skipped ahead chapter was one I started whilst I was stuck with the upcoming chapter. They'll still get put up in chronological order.

Ohhhhh, now I ge- hold on a dang second, does that mean that we get two episodes at once? YEAHHHHH

Well. After quite a while, I read the latest entry. And the story is still great!

It is just a bit confusing because of the names I have not heard of.

I'm too lazy to catch up on the story.

I find this with any story with a planet spanning scope. You end up with so many different people it's hard to place them all in your head. I found this with Turtledove's World War series. Just way too many people! This story I don't think is that bad, and the ones here are pretty memorable.

Well. After quite a while, I read the latest entry. And the story is still great!

It is just a bit confusing because of the names I have not heard of.

I'm too lazy to catch up on the story.

If it's any consolation, you're not the only one. :) I have a large 'cast and crew' document that helps me keep track.

Glad you're still enjoying it!

• 4 weeks later...

Um, yeah - it's been a while hasn't it. :blush:

There's a decent chunk of material in the pipe though. Of the next four chapters (numbered as per the beginning of this thread), chapter 43 is done, chapter 44 is 80% done (one major scene to write in, plus a couple of bridging parts), chapter 41 is worked out but the actual text is kinda piecemeal at the moment, and I've finally figured out how chapter 42 is going to be structured.

Thanks for posting skykooler - and thanks for everyone's continuing patience.

*jumps to sit on KSK's kitchen table dangling feet above the floor and while grinning boyishly plays with a whip*

No hurry ... we have all 2015 ... for 20 more chapters ... before 2016's next 20 ... :kiss:

*looks nervous and goes off in search of a pencil sharpener*

:)

Are we so barbaric that we're going to use whips or nail guns? No. We're Kerbals. The real threat would be to test a brand new engine inside his house.

Fixed that for you :D

And I think that if KSK doesn't realize we have a sick sense of humor by now he never will. :) Though it doesn't stop us from attempting to remind him.

Guys, really. That sort of thing is exceedingly counter-productive!

Appreciate it, Jake, but I think I brought this on myself. :)

Are we so barbaric that we're going to use whips or nail guns? No. We're Kerbals. The real threat would be to test a brand new engine inside his house.

Cool - I could use a new blowtorch. Just make sure to bring a couple of steaks and plenty of cream, caster sugar, eggs, and vanilla pods for a suitable test sized portion of dessert. :)

Edited by KSK

Appreciate it, Jake, but I think I brought this on myself. :)

Cool - I could use a new blowtorch. Just make sure to bring a couple of steaks and plenty of cream, caster sugar, eggs, and vanilla pods for a suitable test sized portion of dessert. :)

Yum!:P char

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.