Show off your B9 Designs!

This is a pretty big fighter plane I put together this morning, called the Tornado.

It comes armed with four of those large Lazor cruise missiles. No download link because it uses multiple mod parts.

zOLOZ4S.jpg

YbMsSm5.jpg

And this is my first test for a futuristic airship. I call it the Zephyr.

VXhwDZa.jpg

very simple design, the X-2 Arrowhead, flies extremely well at a speed of 150m/s at <2000m

PVct2Y9.jpg

this one I'm trying to develop into a VTOL, but unfortunatly the X-4 Akula either tips forward or backward no matter what I do. Through some configuration I have turned it into a STOL.

xdngock.jpg

What's up with that ladder? You don't need to make it go around the crew tank; Kerbals can hold onto it.

http://i.imgur.com/dcOrYGM.jpg

Just a friendly pro-tip! :wink:

http://replygif.net/i/285.gif

Anyhow; I dabbled with a cargo VTOL, the first iteration is able to fly in a straight line for a couple of kilometers (The ugliness is partially intentional.):

uups8Ys.jpg

kvKsgo6.jpg

aQaxZch.jpg

I have been working on this cargo plane with the new widebody S2 cargo bays!

Still in heavy delvopment, so you need the fuel cheat to fly farther than a few kilometers!

As for the name, its still a work in progress aswell

Download- http://www./download/77zn3pilqi3cgss/Cargocord_ISP.craft

Note- Fly s surprisingly well!

That is one mother of a plane!

Also, what mod are you using to show the action groups?

Also, what mod are you using to show the action groups?

It's a part that comes with B9 Aero in the Science tab that gives customizable info on the current craft.

I haven't had much success with B9 planes except for one with B9A 2.5... I need to see if I still have that lying around... it was almost an SSTO... :D

It's a part that comes with B9 Aero in the Science tab that gives customizable info on the current craft.

I haven't had much success with B9 planes except for one with B9A 2.5... I need to see if I still have that lying around... it was almost an SSTO... :D

I had no idea that was in there! Thanks very much! Here are the B9-based ships I've been working on:

HSTAC-01 "Silverhawk"

6vKj0W7.png

gJaATmp.png

HSTAC-03 "Banshee" (current designation X-105 testing)

preVXxA.jpg

zq6eKur.png

HSTAC-031 "Banshee II" (current designation X-106 testing)

9UCEj3r.png

czhsSfm.png

LIRV1hN.png

rNfR6B7.png

IPEV "Seraphim"

KIrhCuU.jpg

Oh my god, thats amazing

Thanks! :)

I had lots of fun building this bugger, even though it's a bit "cheaty". It's got some fuel converters on-board that will refill the tanks using power (which is what the big solars are about), but to keep everything running on the dark side of an orbit, it had to generate its own power somehow.

That's why there's a cargo bay that contains a complete power core:

RCYayKD.png

I once used this ship to recover some stray debris components, by maneuvering up to them and capturing them in the bay. By the time I hit atmosphere, the parts had rattled around in there and destroyed half the core, so it was a good thing I was on my way home! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.