Show off your B9 Designs!

This is my b9 shuttle/spaceplane. It launches vertically from the rocket pad with the large SABRE engines. Instead of switching engine mode, I jettison them and use modded atomic engines to finish getting into orbit.

tF1Mv7oh.jpg

zksBTeLh.jpg

BXCV5ODh.jpg

LPXceFTh.jpg

SSTO transport I've been working on, can carry at least 1 large orange tank into orbit with a decent amount of fuel left(still testing it). J3nQpp8.jpgEnough air brakes to make it drop out of the air like a "feather".leHUSov.jpgAnd it is more manoeuvrable than I thought it would be.LsdwT6L.jpg

The Kondor project started when TheWinterOwl said that he would be impressed if one could make a 60 ton to LKO SSTO Spaceplane.

I then proceeded really overbuild the plane:

jVBwzCF.jpg

0jMEBTf.jpg

osgjkn4.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/KgO3y

It can easily transport 100 tons into LKO with about 1400 DV to spare.

If 20 spare tons of fuel are brought up with a 80 ton payload, the Kondor should be able to easily bring the payload to Duna and return empty.

Built using B9 Aerospace, KWRocketry, Pwings, and Mechjeb

Edited by Rhino1998

Yay, my first SSTO!

ihnPlBZ.jpg

I feel like an idiot, though, because of two things: One, the liquid fuel level is a lot lower than it should've been, because I flamed out with the SABRE engines and started spinning out of control, and so lost speed. Luckily I had enough left to do my deorbit burn. Two, I brought so much monopropellant even though I didn't need any because the thing has enough torque to turn itself even without RCS.

ciV39y4.jpg

Pyxkzxf.jpg

I've been tinkering around with the pack, but I still have to get more familiar with the stuff. I keep on getting the T/W, L/W and fuel fraction ratios wrong... and the scale also throws me off a bit. B9 parts look bigger than they are, right? But I am getting there, so expect something some time.

Rune. A very cool mod.

I show you the EF-27 Cloudy Shark (ignore the name, it was made by a generator...)

Main role: Fighter

Secondary role: Special Electronic Installation

Model 27

Flies well and contains flashy and eyecandy(-ed) lighting system, activated by pressing the light button or "U" (no ground lighting though).

5aSLSWR.png

Made using pWings and B9 aerospace pack (obviously on b9)

14nNkRX.jpg

Powered by a set of twin D-30F7 turbojet engines

e5tLpX8.png

Takeoff speed is about 100 m/s and fuel capacity is of 1960 units.

Inspired by many real-life aircraft, all into a single one.

Edited by cesarcurado

After my Kethane Mining plane yesterday failed due to landing complications I decided to take another aproach. The chutes will eventually be in serviceable locations so restarting should be possible.

VTOL, 16 Engines, 180 tons, 4 drills.

Project status: Annoying parachute staging bug and no Idea why - hold.

ohPmfF9.jpg

Built a working High Altitude Hovercraft using B9 and stock parts, it has a cargo bay but currently won't be able to lift anything, I have some plans to fix that though.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/34426-B9-Heavy-VTOL-Cargo-Aircraft

VTOLInside_zps2f52eb28.png.html?sort=3&o=1

Currently its a bit of a pain to land, I am also working on that also unlike most VTOL that use wings this one doesn't and can achieve forward flight of 40m/s

Improved_zpsae3349aa.png

Here is an improved High Altitude Hovercraft, 79m/s top speed (while retaining 1m/s vertical velocity) and should be able to lift a fair bit in its cargo bay, less parts, improved airflow, improved control (ish), though less RCS.

Now has a cruise distance of 900+km

Manta

Well...actually B9 VTOL Manta, but "Manta" alone is more catchy :P

1NPoRra.png

V6C7nnC.jpg

What does it do:

It looks freaking marvelous

It takes off at 100m/s (~5 sec)

It has extra chutes, so its almost impossible to not-land it

It has enough fuel to encircle whole planet Kerbin

...oh, and its (almost) fully VTOL (almost, because even in vtol mode it wants to glide forwards a little)

Mn6EaB7.png

Manta

Well...actually B9 VTOL Manta, but "Manta" alone is more catchy :P

1NPoRra.png

V6C7nnC.jpg

What does it do:

It looks freaking marvelous

It takes off at 100m/s (~5 sec)

It has extra chutes, so its almost impossible to not-land it

It has enough fuel to encircle whole planet Kerbin

...oh, and its (almost) fully VTOL (almost, because even in vtol mode it wants to glide forwards a little)

Mn6EaB7.png

Put the airbrakes on the back like on the example one, it will keep it hovering

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.