What kinds of missions to you wish KSP supported?

Moon Goddess

Say KSP had like every feature needed to do it, what missions do you wish you could send out.

The one I'd really like to send out would be an Europa ocean mission, in this case I'm guessing Eeloo, Minimus, or some Europa analog that doesn't exist now, set up an orbiter relay station, then a lander with a nuclear heated drill, which drops a sub that explores the ocean below the ice.

So that would mean, we'd need a Eurpoa analog, we'd need terrain deformation, a drill that deforms terrain, and submarine physics.

Please note, we're not asking the Dev's for anything in this thread, just like what are your crazy things you'd like to do if KSP could support it.

Comet intercept mission :cool: Either kerballed mission with a lander, sample gathering etc, or just slamming an impactor at about 12 km/s of relative velocity. Now that would leave a crater worth seeing :D

Actual science missions would be really cool; you could send out probes that had a purpose, rather than simply sticking Gravioli Detector on the side and observing that the gravity on Dres is x m/s^2. Sample return would be cool too, or colonization--you could set up permanent colonies on other worlds!

Sample return missions. I would love for some for some manned and unmanned ways of bring back rocks and gasses, and then you could show them off in your trophy room in the VAB

Definitely.

At the moment, there is absolutely no reason for me to send Kerbals home, so they keep accumulating in bases and stations throughout the solar system. Anything that would give a good reason to go home would be a great addition.

I just want Kerbs to be able to like add fuel hoses and struts while in space.... that would be much more useful than planing flags.

Kerbal Attatchment System does hoses and I thought the Strut Gun and/or Quantum Struts can be turned on and off in space.

The ability for kerbals to run hoses in the stock game would be excellent.

The ability of kerbals to add struts during EVAs would be excellent. Or the ability to mount telescoping struts to a ship that could extend and latch onto whatever they hit would be OK...but that would require more planning ahead of time, whereas a kerbal being able to strut any point A to point B would be more versatile.

Requiring that a "hose pack" or "strut pack" be attached to the ship before a kerbal could do this would be acceptably realistic.

The ability for kerbals to run hoses in the stock game would be excellent.

The ability of kerbals to add struts during EVAs would be excellent. Or the ability to mount telescoping struts to a ship that could extend and latch onto whatever they hit would be OK...but that would require more planning ahead of time, whereas a kerbal being able to strut any point A to point B would be more versatile.

Requiring that a "hose pack" or "strut pack" be attached to the ship before a kerbal could do this would be acceptably realistic.

Just what I was thinking!

Aside from the ability to add things like struts, etc. what about the Kerbals on EVA getting equipped with a hammer, to knock off parts that are deemed useless, because somehow during the flight, the ships's configuration or mission requirements have changed, or to balance out engines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.