Forum Threads Of The Month!

sal_vager

Beginning this month is a new initiative by the Moderation team to raise the profile of high quality threads, starting with the Challenges section.

There will be a Featured Challenge Of The Month, which opens with TheMontgomery's Kerbolar Demo Parts Extravaganza!, a challenge to visit the planets on a limited part set.

In later months other Challenges will be selected to be the Featured Of The Month at the Moderation teams discretion, there is no set criteria beyond the threads being interesting, challenging and suitable for a wide range of KSP players.

The Featured Thread Of The Month initiative may be expanded to other areas of the KSP forums if successful, so keep your eyes open and maybe the next Featured thread will be yours :)

So good luck and have fun in the Kerbolar Demo Parts Extravaganza!

Edited by sal_vager

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

August sees three new threads made Thread of the Month of their respective area's!

First give a round of applause to Xeldrak and his Doing it Apollo style challenge, now with a new Mun to explore.

Next up is czokletmuss' THE GRAND TOUR - VOYAGE TO THE PLANETS thread, his works have been ongoing for some time now and is well worth checking out.

Finally, joppiesaus opened a can of nostalgia with the What's your favorite "old" game? thread in the Space Lounge, so dig up those old games that got you started as a gamer, and drop by :)

• 5 weeks later...

This month we have four (count em!) threads that have caught the mod teams collective eye, one each for Challenges, Fanworks, the Space Lounge and for the first time ever, the Spacecraft Exchange!

First up, lets have a round of applause for TheHengeProphet and The MachingBird Challenge!.

This long running challenge has drawn many players to try to beat the top speed of 2340m/s, will you be the one to knock Pbhead from the top spot?

In the Fanworks section we have BarryDennen12's amazing machinima, In The Shadow Of The Mün, the thread links to his youtube account.

Chilling out in the Space Lounge we have Pawelk198604's thread asking us What triggered your interest in spaceflight to begin with, it'd be interesting to hear how you all got started :)

And finally the new area to get a stickied thread, the Spacecraft Exchange, sees Mulbin's fantastic Munbug, IX -Saturn V, Apollo CSM, Lander, Buggy, and ALSEP vehicles, all stock and all cool.

That's it for September, enjoy the threads listed here, post cool, insightful or just plain great threads and maybe next month the stickied thread could be yours :)

• 1 month later...

October sees something of a theme with the new threads of particular note this month, starting with SkyRender's New Bobcat Colonization Challenge :)

Building a base is always easier if you have the right tools to do it with, so joining Skyrender is Temstar and his Modular base creation kit!

Bases are great but you need somewhere to put them, and how about BlueSubstance's Planet Idea's? Wouldn't you love to see these in KSP? I would :D

And as well as BlueSubstance's planets, SolarLiner reminds us that other games also show how beautiful space can be, even though his thread is new, it's worth a look at the SpaceEngine images found there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

November sees a new bunch of notable threads, from the Gameplay forum to the Space lounge, many excellent threads have been started by you, the life of these forums :)

First we have Cruzan's excellent new series of quick guides to KSP, there's two to start with, and hopefully more to come so come on Cruzan, make more videos ;)

Next up is Scarecrow88 and his very nicely made flight challenge, all craft are provided and fully stock, so everyone can play, so what are you waiting for? :D

Like your craft a little bit different? I know I do, and I know you'll have fun flying the Bulldog from Cupcake! This VTOL, like all of Cupcakes designs is incredibly well thought out and carefully balanced by hand :)

Patupi's active imagination takes hold of you in his excellently written Colonization: Chapter one- Farside Crater, join our intrepid hero's Jeb Bill and Bob as they journey to the Mun to reveal its secrets...

We're a community of space enthusiasts, so how could I not stick hugix's Rocket pictures thread in the Space Lounge? Go and take a look, and see if you can find some cool pics of rockets to post :)

That's it for this month, enjoy :D

Edited by KasperVld

• 1 month later...

We have five new threads of particular note to take us up to Christmas and the new year, nothing Xmas themed yet but we'll see what we get for a possible Xmas thread special ;)

Recent updates brought us R&D, so it makes sense to have a thread on research, so congratulations go to rottielover and his thread on how to Science!

Many challenges involve a single craft or event, but there is a lot of fun to be had with larger projects, so why not practice your planning skills and try sturmstiger's Duna Permanent Outpost Mission Architecture Challenge?

I'm a minimalist pilot myself but I can appreciate big designs, especially ones as impressive as those from Exothermos' Rubberband and Duct Tape Emporium. check out his SSTOS, Weird Space Ships, and more today, buy two and get a free pairing knife!

Everyone likes a good story, and HippieGold's CONCORD: Storm in the Stars is definitely one to check out, there's even pictures so Mods like me can follow along :)

Moderators are members and players too, and they even contribute, and sometimes those contributions really stand out, so a big thanks goes to stupid_chris for his music thread in the Space Lounge, so what music do you listen to?

That's all for now and thanks to everyone who makes these forums so great, all you guys and gals :D

Now I'm off to make orbital Christmas trees ;)

Edited by sal_vager

• 4 weeks later...

Merry Christmas everyone :D

Christmas is a time for sharing, of company and goodwill, of time and kind words, and in the forums case, of craft files and explosions!

CARROTSAREAWSOME invites us all to share a few words and a craft of any kind, so drop by and wish everyone a merry Christmas :)

UpsilonAerospace challenges us to help Santa out with his present run, after he broke a few bones messing with R.A.P.I.E.R engines, better get cracking!

GregroxMun's holiday decorations megathread is the place for all your decs, have you lit up the KSC with lights? Have you drawn a Kerbal on a Christmas tree? You should, and we want to see it here.

Lastly, there's my own humble Christmas Crafts thread,with rockets, planes and rovers with an Xmassy theme :)

Have fun and a very merry Christmas, fly safe!