0.10.1 Kerbin orbit!

So...

I was playing 0.10.1 recently (the first currently available version for OSX) and could NOT get to orbit with stock parts! The lack of RCS and radial liquid boosters makes things a lot more difficult.

The challenge:

Get to a stable orbit around Kerbin in Kerbal Space Program version 0.10.1 or earlier.

Rules:

Stock parts ONLY

Craft must deorbit

Craft must make 1 full kerbin orbit, or pass over KSC twice

Craft must land in the ocean to explore the lack of correct water physics! No Soviet-style landings!

Uh, I did all of that back in .8 and .9. It's really not all that hard, aside from needing to consult a chart to see if your orbit is stable (rather than just looking at the map view).

Do you want me to do it again? Post the pictures I took back then? Or just take my word for it?

(My crowning achievement in those days was leaving them up there for 8 hours or so - sixteen orbits, at about 30 minutes per - while I went to work. This was before time acceleration, remember.)

I don´t know how much different 0.13 is from 0.10, but 0.13 was my first version in which i learned not only to orbit, but also landed on Mun (using fins as legs hadn´t been invented yet)

Yeah, I'm with Kahlzun on this one. There's little number of players who actually kept the previous versions on their drives for this challenge to be considered feasible. I didn't get KSP until .19 so, the only ways for me to get that is to either beg someone who does have it or pirate it. Honestly, I'd rather just pass on this challenge completely than do either of those...

The 0.10.1 download link in there isn't working.

Any other sources for 0.10.1 ?

Works for me.

Edit: It's just downloading reeeally sloooowly. Once the download finishes for me, I'll re-upload it to MediaFire.

Edit again: Whoops, didn't realize that you probably meant the Windows version of 0.10.1. The Mac version works, anyway. >_>

If a Mac guy/gal wants to try this, here's a much speedier download: http://www./download/ggby672inlgzzaz/KSP_osx_0_10_1.zip

Edited by DannySwish

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.