Down Under Aerospace & Party Supplies [v0.5] [REMASTERED]

Slew

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]DownUnderLogo_256.png[/TD]

[TD]DownUnderPatch.png[/TD]

[TD]Down Under Aerospace & Party Supplies

Parts Pack

A collection that includes fuel tanks, engines, boosters, interstage/fairings and a few surprises.

Now compatible with the latest version of Kerbal Space Program!

[TABLE=class: outer_border]

[TR]

[TD]88x31.png

This work by Sam Lewis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

If you modify or distribute Down Under, please provide a link to this post. Thank you!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Download.png

Down Under now uses 7-Zip.

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

TopBar.png

ReleasePanel1.png

ReleasePanel2.png

ReleasePanel3.png

BottomBar.png

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]

Version 0.6

"The Race for Space"

Coming Soon

[/TD]

[TD]

+ R.C.S. Block

+ Ullage Motor

+ Vernier Thruster

+ Small SRB

+ Large SRB

+ Small Liquid Booster

+ Large Liquid Booster

+ LAB R.C.S. Fuel

+ SRB Nosecone

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Version 0.5

"The Right Stuff"

4.36 MB

[/TD]

[TD]

+ X-4 "Gumleaf" Fuel Tank

+ X-8 "Gumtree" Fuel Tank

+ X-16 "Murrumbidgee" Fuel Tank

+ X-32 "Murray" Fuel Tank

+ Poseidon Fuel Tank

+ Olympian Fuel Tank

+ LAB Liquid Engine

+ "Wallaby" Efficient Liquid Fuel Engine

+ "Kangaroo" Liquid Engine

+ "Theseus" Heavy Liquid Engine

+ "Wombat" Liquid Fuel Engine

+ "Koala" Liquid Fuel Engine

+ Kite-9 Liquid Fuel Engine

+ LAB Advanced S.A.S.

+ DIY Decoupler

+ Large DIY Decoupler

+ Short Engine Shroud

+ Small Engine Shroud

+ Large Engine Shroud

+ Small-Large Engine Shroud

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Legacy Downloads

Version 0.4

Luna Moon Rocket

Ausplane

Ausplane HD Textures (12.3MB)

Ausplane Launch Vehicle

Feedback welcome! :)

Edited by Slew

This part rocks! I couldn\'t fit it into a 2m fairing, however. (?)

Here is the mission report - excuse the red textures, i\'m lazy.

my rocket, just before I jettisoned the first stage. Went for a KWchallenger 2 meter core with added fins for stability. It was horrificically overpowered for this, so I jettisoned parts early / had way too much fuel - but I didn\'t want a 1 meter core with a 3 meter fairing. so there ya go.

UbPQp.jpg

The shroud jettison / 2nd stage decoupling.

W5YNh.jpg

The upper stage in orbit, 173500m x 172800. Close enough - this is after 2nd stage decoupling. Command module, some decouplers, RCS tank + thrusters, and the glorious Kubble telescope!

qHUbG.jpg

u5lGh.jpg

I noticed Kubble had already started working, even when still attached to the upper stage! nice touch.

RCrWe.jpg

Kubble release - backing away with very tiny rcs thrusts.

R9n1Z.jpg

looking into it\'s mirror. I almost expected to see an enlargement of the capsule ;)

wEG6r.jpg

Of course, the kerbals had to get home. Service module decoupling after retro burn from RCS, already in the upper whisps of the atmosphere.

VwaNz.jpg

And final touchdown in the continent to the west of KSC - just over a mountain range, but still a splashdown on the side of a lake. Ideal place for a nice swim.

tJ9ai.jpg

Thanks for this part - I am looking forward to your other parts!

When will the rest be coming?

I\'ve just added a new part, the retro motor.

I also have about 13 additional parts close to release. I\'ll try to get them out this weekend.

Then there\'s another batch of 14 that I haven\'t started yet.

I\'d love to do a Dragon-style capsule, actually. Especially with capsule selection coming in the 0.12 release.

The Dragon is also supposed to have a built-in launch abort system/landing rockets (very cool), so it might be fun to try and build that into the design.

I\'d love to do a Dragon-style capsule, actually. Especially with capsule selection coming in the 0.12 release.

The Dragon is also supposed to have a built-in launch abort system/landing rockets (very cool), so it might be fun to try and build that into the design.

You could do a normal 1 pod that is tapered, and a ring/ donut fuel tank below that - and then add 4 engines embedded in there.

You could do a normal 1 pod that is tapered, and a ring/ donut fuel tank below that - and then add 4 engines embedded in there.

Oh absolutely. That sounds great.

Question: if I do a service module to go with the capsule, should it be an RCS fuel tank, ASAS or split into both?

Also, should I include solar panels?

Oh absolutely. That sounds great.

Question: if I do a service module to go with the capsule, should it be an RCS fuel tank, ASAS or split into both?

Also, should I include solar panels?

I think it\'d be RCS and a small ASAS. ASAS should be smaller and ligher then normal SAS anyway - it\'s just computer that steers thrusters. solar panels - meh. Folded ones - perhaps just do a quarter of the texture somewhat solar panelly - untill we get moveable pieces, i like that better. There are other solar panels around that can be attached, should someone want that.

No need for the solar panels, I have them. So, thanks for helping. ;D

Alright. I\'ll make sure the service module has a place for solar panels to be attached, but that\'s it.