Down Under Aerospace & Party Supplies [v0.5] [REMASTERED]

Slew

Looks great! I was affraid that you\'d replace the Mei Long. Since we will get docking in 0.15 is there a chance that you\'ll make a docking port for the capsule?

I have a question/comment on the 2m motor provided. Namely it wobbles as jelly when it\'s holding up the stack. Suggestions/Question: Fix the cfg for the next release and what value(s) should I change to make it so?

I have a question/comment on the 2m motor provided. Namely it wobbles as jelly when it\'s holding up the stack. Suggestions/Question: Fix the cfg for the next release and what value(s) should I change to make it so?

Yeah, that bug annoys me.

I think it got worse when I did the CoG changes back in 0.1.2, so I\'m going to try moving the CoG around to see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

You really love those legs, don\'t you? :P

Unfortunately, landing legs can only pivot about one axis as far as I can see.

Otherwise I\'d be updating the hell out of the Mei Long LLV (which is supposed to have folding/telescoping legs).

I know it\'s been a long time since you posted this, but just wanted to let you know that I\'ve made a plugin that allows telescoping/rotating/folding/moving in any way you want/ landing legs. :)

I know it\'s been a long time since you posted this, but just wanted to let you know that I\'ve made a plugin that allows telescoping/rotating/folding/moving in any way you want/ landing legs. :)

You\'re my hero, sarkun.

Just imagine the possibilities!

Landing legs on the Mei Long, working cargo bay doors on the Ausplane, so much more......

Sarkun, you win and rightfully deserve the whole internet. Have fun.

I noticed that the Mei Long capsule resembles the SpaceX Dragon capsule. Mei Long means 'beautiful dragon' in mandarin.

Coincidence? I think NOT!

Did you notice that the Ausplane launch vehicle looks like an SpaceX Falcon Heavy?

:))

Hum, some winglets and silvertape solved the tilting problem... Slew, it is possible to create a space capsule with built-in parachutes? And a parachute part that open 3 parachutes at the same time?

You can make a capsule look like it has built-in parachutes, but it still has to be a separate part.

A part that opens 3 parachutes is pretty easy, and it\'s been done before (someone else can probably find a link).

I was going to do a parachute part for 0.5, except mine was going to be a bunch of balloons. ;)

---

By the way, I know it\'s been a long time since the last Down Under update. Don\'t worry, I haven\'t forgotten KSP!

I\'ve just been busy on another project on iPhone. :)

I don\'t think capsules will ever have inbuilt floats and parachutes. They should always be addon parts and the solution should be that modders create their capsules with the appropriate parts just as the Squad team will certainly add a functional heat shield once reentry heat is added for the default capsule. The point of KSP to date has been maximum flexibility, I think keeping parachutes, reentry shields, and stuff like that modules is the best way because it lets people use their preferences in how they design their ships.