Down Under Aerospace & Party Supplies [v0.5] [REMASTERED]

Slew

I feel I can't say this enough times, I love the Soyuz like parts, please don't forget them :(

They're on my list.

Will ausplane be featuring in downunder remastered?

Yeah, but I'm going to finish all the other parts first.

Slew still lives! :dance:

Is it possible for you to update the Mei Long? I'd love it as a two-man Pod, with .16 compatibility.

That's the plan!

is there an ETA on this stuff?

Not at this stage.

Does this mean better compatibility between stock and Ausplane parts? Some of the stuff there wasn't very well balanced...

Let me know what issues you have and I'll try to address them in the remaster.

Ausplane controls are crazy when I fire up the aerospike engine...using 0.16...

ANyone else having this problem?

The Ausplane, like the Space Shuttle, isn't designed for powered flight in an atmosphere. In fact, it's not even aerodynamically stable unless the fuel tank is empty.

The Ausplane, like the Space Shuttle, isn't designed for powered flight in an atmosphere. In fact, it's not even aerodynamically stable unless the fuel tank is empty.

Hmm, that explains it. Thanks. I'll have to remember that. But you can still control it in the atmosphere by using the RCS (Although a bit hard)

Btw, loving your pack. The parts let me reach the moon very easily.(failed to land though, silly me) :)

EDIT: Made it to the Mun, but on the way back ran out of fuel, off trajectory. My Long Mei Lander's capsule is now orbiting the Sun. *genius*

Edited by T-Pilot395

Check the last page. Its only stable when you've used up all the fuel, presumably for a retro burn. Then just gently glide carefully so you always have enough speed to flare close to touch down, and make sure your slope is no more than 5/10 degrees below the horizon. If you still find youre coming down too hard, try it over the ocean, it's more forgiving.

• 2 weeks later...