Asteroids 2.4 Now Open Source

frizzank

Noticed a possible error in a config while pulling out the gravity module on the Asteroid100. At the very bottom I didn't see a final close bracket after the gravity module close bracket to match the opening one at the very top under PART. Am I correct in assuming there should be a final bracket there?

Frizzank- could you release a docking port set that has one end be a spike, and the other is a mound of rock the same color as the asteroid?

For now, you can use KAS to attach new docking ports during an EVA session. Works fairly well.

Noticed a possible error in a config while pulling out the gravity module on the Asteroid100. At the very bottom I didn't see a final close bracket after the gravity module close bracket to match the opening one at the very top under PART. Am I correct in assuming there should be a final bracket there?

Yes there is. I don't know how it still works without it though? Maybe its just dumping the gravity module.

Open up the persistent.sfs with a text editor and change

Title = FASA Asteroids (SANDBOX)
Description = No description available.
Mode = 0)

to this

Title = FASA Asteroids (CAREER)
Mode = 1

Should work

• 2 weeks later...
Open up the persistent.sfs with a text editor and change

Title = FASA Asteroids (SANDBOX)
Mode = 0)

to this

Title = FASA Asteroids (CAREER)
Mode = 1

Should work

Not work... science stage = complete... and not going in centre development...

• 1 month later...

I am trying to get my custom asteroids to spawn in with the new stock ones. If anyone has any clue as to how I would do that I would appreciate it.

Just injecting the config into the custom asteroids did not work.

vesselType = SpaceObject

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAsteroid
}

Well, asteroids are stock, but I like to still use these, since you can put'em where ever. I just want to know, how do you make the VAB zoom limits larger?

I am trying to get my custom asteroids to spawn in with the new stock ones. If anyone has any clue as to how I would do that I would appreciate it.

Looking at ModuleAsteroid, here are the public fields and types:

AsteroidName (string)
density (float)
maxRadiusMultiplier (float)
minRadiusMultiplier (float)
prefabBaseURL (string)
sampleExperimentId (string)
sampleExperimentXmitScalar (float)
seed (int)

The prefabBaseURL looks promising ... if I hyperedit a ship into close proximity and dump out that field, the asteroid says its url is Procedural/PA_C. So that may be why yours don't spawn - the default points at a procedural asteroid generator. You might try adding "prefabBaseURL = {asteroid model URL}" and see if that makes your models show up. Although, if it's a procedural thing, it may not matter.

Well, asteroids are stock, but I like to still use these, since you can put'em where ever. I just want to know, how do you make the VAB zoom limits larger?

there was a mod that lets you zoom out of the VAB real far but I have lost where it is.

Looking at ModuleAsteroid, here are the public fields and types:

I will try it when I get a chance, but it looks like the asteroids are procedurally generated so replacing them may not be an easy task.

Your right it is! Thats why I am teaming up with MrHappyFace to make FASA Asteroids 2!

Here is what we have in store using the new in game asteroid spawning system.

Custom new FASA asteroid spawning.

Comets!

Custom craft spawning, make derelict ships that spawn randomly.

Also controls for where all objects spawn and how frequently.