Asteroids 2.4 Now Open Source

frizzank

I am sending mine into orbit as I type this. It took me a couple hours to get this thing to go. Using a combination of the Jool pack and KW rocketry to get it up, along with cheats :D

asteroidlaunch.png

UPDATE:

Ok so I got it into a stable orbit. I discovered through using Crew Manifest addon, the 20m asteroid had 3 Kerbals in it! Their portraits don't show, but i was able to move them out and into another habitat.

asteroiddarkspace1.png

asteroidaroundkerbin.png

asteroidq.png

Edited by Blaylock1988

I am sending mine into orbit as I type this. It took me a couple hours to get this thing to go. Using a combination of the Jool pack and KW rocketry to get it up, along with cheats :D

UPDATE:

Ok so I got it into a stable orbit. I discovered through using Crew Manifest addon, the 20m asteroid had 3 Kerbals in it! Their portraits don't show, but i was able to move them out and into another habitat.

Personally, I'm not very impressed. Only because you cheated.

Did you not read what he wrote? Sure i don't like mechjeb, But he stated that he used some mods "along with cheats."
Sorry i thought you were another of those elitist purist.

These asteroids definitely need some gravity added to them.

I do like that I can add stuff to these, making an asteroid base is fun. But, I don't like that I can't grapple them with the KAS grappling hook. The KGas asteroid pack was letting me do this and pull myself in for a tethered dock, the only issue was that I exploded everytime I touched the KGas asteroids.

If we could only mix them together...

inb4 mechjeb

if you think mechjeb is cheating your ignorant as to how anything that flies actually works. Even the first manned capsules used had navigational computers in them....

Even airliners would be almost impossible to fly without computer assistance....jet fighters would fall from the sky like rocks without the complex computers that assist the pilot.

If you think pilot assisting computer systems (like mechjeb and othesr) is cheating your not an elitist or a pureist.....your just a moron with no clue...go read a book =P

EDIT: the Webster definition of cheating....

b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test>

so.....by definition its basically not possible to cheat at KSP....since its single player game and there are no rules....

Edited by KhaosCorp

if you think mechjeb is cheating your ignorant as to how anything that flies actually works. Even the first manned capsules used had navigational computers in them....

Even airliners would be almost impossible to fly without computer assistance....jet fighters would fall from the sky like rocks without the complex computers that assist the pilot.

If you think pilot assisting computer systems (like mechjeb and othesr) is cheating your not an elitist or a pureist.....your just a moron with no clue...go read a book =P

so.....by definition its basically not possible to cheat at KSP....since its single player game and there are no rules....

I don't think it's cheating. I said that because I was anticipating someone to say "he used mechjeb, that's cheating/doesn't count". I am well aware of our use of computer guidance, that's why I find mechjeb's informational abilities excellent along with Smart A.S.S and sometimes node executions.

Here is a little fun fact...

Most modern cell phones have around six times the computing power of the computer systems used by the moon lander piloted by Neil Armstrong....those guys were nuts!!! and totally awesome

Hey Man, Awesome Mod!

I put together some asteroids as well. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/32637-KGas-Industries-Asteroids?highlight=KGas but I am downloading yours and seeing what they have in common ect. Feel Free to PM me and we can team up to make some awesome stuff for everyone! Really like this and keep it up!

KGas, Inc

These asteroids definitely need some gravity added to them.

No. No, they don't. Do you not understand how little gravitational force a 100m asteroid would generate? If that 100m is a radius, it'd be somewhere in the neighborhood of 0.00015g, given KSP's 10:1 scaling, and if 100m is the diameter then cut that amount in half. (In real life an asteroid of that size would have another zero in there, but KSP objects are about ten times denser than reality.) That's not enough force to keep you on its surface if you're walking, and it wouldn't have any real effect on someone trying to dock. For all intents and purposes, its gravitation attraction would be zero, just like it would be for space stations and such. The 200m asteroid would have about twice that force (eight times the mass, twice the radius, means twice the force), and the 20m would be one-fifth the amount for similar reasons.

So no, there shouldn't be any gravity on these asteroids.

Successfully launched an asteroid into orbit, had to cheat with the fuel though. Also had to use about 20 rcs thrusters to keep it balanced.

Rocket engines are from my other mod, FASA.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24867-19-1-Gemini-and-Mercury-Pack-FASA-v1-3

s7MFRHT.jpg

enlX84y.jpg

BsIDpMU.jpg

oucLrrg.jpg

very orky, can I get a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH?

Too be fair, KSP scale is made smaller to make the game easier, IE There should be no need for an auto pilot.You can't really make an argument about realism when the game is made unrealistic in order to be easier to begin with. Harvester himself doesn't like the plug-in, or at least doesn't want it in the final product.

Too be fair, KSP scale is made smaller to make the game easier, IE There should be no need for an auto pilot.You can't really make an argument about realism when the game is made unrealistic in order to be easier to begin with. Harvester himself doesn't like the plug-in, or at least doesn't want it in the final product.

I can and will make that argument....because guess what, if the Earth was smaller, the moon closer...an f-15 would still need computer systems to maintain flight, the moon lander still would have had navigational computers, despite the shorter distance it had to go....so still a valid point sir.

If you wanna nitpick your 'purist' ideals please PM me, I think we have muddied this thread up enough yes =)

when i say i cheated, i really used cheats, infinite fuel, infinite RCS, unbreakable joints. I dont consider launching an asteroid from earth anywhere near realistic, so I don't feel guilty using any means to get it there. I would have used hyperedit if I knew it worked

when i say i cheated, i really used cheats, infinite fuel, infinite RCS, unbreakable joints. I dont consider launching an asteroid from earth anywhere near realistic, so I don't feel guilty using any means to get it there. I would have used hyperedit if I knew it worked

It does. I've just tried it to get a 200m asteroid in a circular orbit around Kerbin.