What do you call the sun in Kerbal Space Program

Sarge82nd

I just call it "The Sun." In the setting of Kerbal Space Program, the Kerbals haven't spread sufficiently far that they'd need the disambiguation. THey're "The Mountains" until your civilization finds out about other mountain ranges. It's "The Sea" until you start journeying to the other large bodies of water. It's "The Sun" until you've got interstellar colonies large and important enough that you need to be more specific.

Well... I like to call it Kerbol

On the record:

Kerbol is a fan made term but no one knows who started it.

But the devs stated that it is 'The Sun' and will be until a second star system is created, and that won't happen for a long time.

I've never cared for the name Kerbol. Far too similar to Kerbal, and like somebody else mentioned it just feels weird to say, for lack of a better description.

For now it's The Sun. I'll let the devs decide on a name since they've done a good job with the planets so far.

I've been calling it Kerbol too but I don't like it. It needs a name that is not confusing but properly KSP-ized. Kol? I know the K-words are passe but I would be much happier calling it Kol than Kerbol or Sun.

I like the name Kerbol, and yes the kerbals would have a name for their sun assuming they know that all the other points of light in the sky are also balls of fusioning hydrogen like their own sun. Here on Earth that realisation came pretty early, way earlier than modern rocketry.

Kerbol should be official, but Knova is still mad about the Kearth Dilemma :P

Actually, in this sense it makes sense of Kerbol to start with a K. I've always interpreted it as meaning "System of the Kerbals" with Kerbin meaning "Planet of the Kerbals." It doesn't just sound like somebody tool "Sol" and forced it to start with a K. So no, I don't think this one particularly applies to the "Kearth Dilemma."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.