KASDA mission log | Y108, D327 | Endgame: escaping Eve, conclusion (FINAL MISSION)

Pipcard

Mission 57 - Preparing to return to Minmus

Moon Princess 7

Description: An autonomous rover equipped with scientific equipment. It also contains two seats for Kerbals.

Mass at launch: 1787 kg (4156 kg with upper stage)

Launch vehicle: Symphony-5k Type-01a

Mission objective: Land on Minmus.

NOT CANON ANYMORE

Edited by Pipcard

• 6 months later...

After a 7-month hiatus, KASDA is finally back! I left KASDA for a long while because I wasn't sure what to do next (also, I was doing other things on the computer). After career mode and science points were introduced, I was wondering if I should start over. Eventually, I decided to keep this sandbox playthrough going.

The thing is, I realized that Moon Princess 7 wasn't very fun to drive in the lower gravity. So that "mission 57" is now non-canon. Also, the Symphony launchers are now designated as "t" instead of "k".

Mission 57: Futurebase-1

Description: A stationary base module with one habitation module, one docking port, a pair of solar arrays, and a communications dish.

Mass at launch: 8299 kg

Launch vehicle: Symphony-10t

Mission objective: Land on Minmus.

BiNbHSC.png

Click below to see more:

https://imgur.com/a/ancEm

Edited by Pipcard

(You may notice that the terrain looks a bit better. That's because I downloaded the Active Texture Management mod, allowing me to turn up my graphics settings a bit.)

Mission 58: Futurebase-2

Description: A wheeled laboratory module with two docking ports and scientific equipment.

Mass at launch: 5585 kg (11718 kg with transfer tug)

Launch vehicle: Symphony-10t-2S

Mission objective: Land on Minmus and dock to Futurebase-1.
Ah5rrmO.png

Click below to see more:

https://imgur.com/a/Dh5w4

Edited by Pipcard

Thanks a lot!

Mission 59: Moon Rabbit 1

Description: A manned Minmus lander derived from the Reusable Crew Vehicle series.

Mass at launch: 9115 kg

Mission objective: Land near Futurebase Minmus and head inside.

Crew: Shepsby Kerman, Henly Kerman, Derrigh Kerman

8nqdpOW.png

Click below to see more:

https://imgur.com/a/yFMtI

Edited by Pipcard

(Actually the terrain settings have been changed back to "default", and the render back to "fastest". It's the terrain shader that makes things look better.)

Mission 60: Futurebase-3

Description: A stationary base module with one habitation module, three docking ports, a pair of solar arrays, and a communications dish.

Mass at launch: 10025 kg

Mission objective: Land on the Mun.

zNKW4Xr.png

Click below to see more:

https://imgur.com/a/yFMtI

Edited by Pipcard

Mission 61: Futurebase-4

Description: A wheeled laboratory module identical to Futurebase-2, except for a slightly larger transfer stage.

Mass at launch: 5585 kg (14660 kg with transfer tug)

Launch vehicle: Symphony-10t-4S

Mission objective: Land on the Mun and dock to Futurebase-3.

4pRqDXR.png

Click below to see more:

https://imgur.com/a/2TNWK

Edited by Pipcard

Mission 62: Moon Rabbit 2

Description: A manned Mun lander derived from the Reusable Crew Vehicle series, with a small 3-Kerbal rover that detaches from the bottom.

Mass at launch: 16043 kg

Mission objective: Land near Futurebase Mun and head inside.

Crew: Ludvis Kerman, Camlorf Kerman, Doodrim Kerman

2x0l6nM.png

Click below to see more:

https://imgur.com/a/KZnso

Edited by Pipcard

• 4 weeks later...

I have been lurking on these forums for a while. I decided that this thread was totally worth the creation of an account and my first post. This is REALLY well done. I would love to see more! Thanks so much for sharing.

I have been lurking on these forums for a while. I decided that this thread was totally worth the creation of an account and my first post. This is REALLY well done. I would love to see more! Thanks so much for sharing.

You're welcome!

• 3 months later...

Mission 63: Project DIVA (Designing Interplanetary Vehicle Architecture)

Description: An interplanetary spacecraft composed of the RCV01 "First Sound" (which acts as a command and surface habitation module), a Gilly surface science package, and an interplanetary laboratory/propulsion module.

Mass at launch: 33865 kg

Launch vehicle: Symphony-ex-4L (An expendable, asparagus-staged variant of the Symphony-10t reusable SSTO, designed to lift heavier payloads; the 4L is capable of launching the 36-tonne Jumbo-64 orange tank into orbit. It was decided that the mission should be conducted in one launch with an expendable rocket for convenience reasons.)

Mission objective: Land on Gilly and return to Kerbin.

Crew: Jebediah Kerman, Bill Kerman, Bob Kerman

X0AYDwW.png

Click below to see more:

https://imgur.com/a/euxMj

Edited by Pipcard

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing designs, and i loving the feeling of progression and adaptibility of your missions. Is the feeling that whatch guys like Scott Manley playing KSP give to me.

And, DIVA seems to be one small step toward more ambicious mssions toward EVE, perhaps?

• 3 months later...

My next mission was going to be a Kethane refueling demonstrator spacecraft, but since 1.0 is going to have a stock fuel resource (which is more based on Karbonite, apparently), and Kethane hasn't even been updated for 0.90, I'm going to have to wait (for who knows how long).

(I never actually used Kethane besides scanning satellites. And I've never used Karbonite either.)

The future of KASDA may also have more expendable heavy-lift boosters like the Symphony-ex-4L.

I'm also working on my other space program, too.

Edited by Pipcard

• 2 weeks later...

Mission 64: Peregrine Falcon

Description: A robotic spacecraft designed to grab a small asteroid and return it to Kerbin with parachutes.

Mass at launch: 14795 kg

Mass of asteroid: 2350 kg

Mission objective: Rendezvous with the A-class asteroid MGV-517 "Hideo" (named after the rocket scientist Hideo Kerman), then retrieve it and land it on Kerbin.

dlPLBgX.png

Click below to see more:

https://imgur.com/a/m1y2R

Edited by Pipcard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Preparing for 1.0

(retconned, see post below)

Recently, KASDA engineers have been receiving a (written/analog/digital/morse code/whatever kind) message from a mysterious source. It has been hypothesized to be extra-dimensional.

"1.0 will happen soon. There will be significant changes to your universe, especially to your planet's atmosphere. All of your people will survive. But unless you return all of your people from space before then, their vessels may not be able to protect them when they come back. You must prepare now."

KASDA never figured out what "1.0" meant, but throughout the history of KASDA, they did notice some occasional and slight changes happening to their universe. They did not want to risk anything, so they returned all the Kerbals living on Futurelab, Minmus, and the Mun. [The KerbPaint paintjobs seem to have been removed from the RCVs]

RxTg8py.png

FSs4fVN.png

Click below to see more:

https://imgur.com/a/P315z

Futurelab's systems were also getting old, so it was decided that the station be decommissioned and de-orbited. [Does this entry sequence remind you anything other than Gravity?]

UUHbuAw.png
jQSbLnf.png
Click below to see more:
https://imgur.com/a/AIHmh

[Note: When 0.90 came out, a lot of my deep space probes had mod parts that were incompatible, so what was left was the manned space outposts as well as KASDA's first satellite, which is still in the persistence file. 1.0 would basically be a near-reboot for KASDA, especially if the Futurebases were to be abandoned.]

[When I read that 1.0 was going to have stock in-situ resources, I was wondering what it would be called. And then I learned that it was just going to be called "Ore." But I will refer to this "Ore" as "Kerbonite" because it is based on the Karbonite mod which I have never used (again, I never really used Kethane either)]

Edited by Pipcard

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, let's just say that in-universe, KASDA developed a more durable material for their heatshields (compared to the Rockomax Brand Adapter 02 I have been using). They also discovered that this new "Ore/Kerbonite" is stable for far longer than Kethane. At least it's not as contrived as messages about "1.0" from "outside the universe."

I'm currently on summer vacation, but typing this from my old laptop; my main PC is still being shipped across the U.S. from my university.

edit: on second thought, it will just be called "ore" to avoid confusion

edit: let's say that the atmosphere was altered so that the Symphony SSTO couldn't re-enter safely anymore.

Edited by Pipcard

• 4 weeks later...

Recently, the problems that were preventing me from playing KSP (and other games) were resolved. It was overheating caused by dust inside the computer.

New missions coming soon, probably after 1.0.3 comes out.

Edited by Pipcard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.