Did we find all of the easter eggs yet?

Piv

just to describe exactly the missing icons are unrelated the crater is a shadow and the pod acts like terrain scatter even though said is off.

EDIT:thanks for the help Nova.

Edited by Spartwo

But it still doesn't appear in the tracking station and he can't switch to it. It's an undocumented easter egg, just like the Moho fairies! Did someone check that out?

Actually Nova just told us that it wasn't an easter egg.

@spartwo: it could be a feature using terrain scatter that when terrain is loaded there is a very small chance that a cockpit is placed.

I assume you mean 37.15.46W, in which case Jeb is there right now in my save and he cannot find the command pod.

EDIT: nevermind, it's clearly a different location than the one in the picture.

Checked there, didn't find anything:

Jp5NRxL.jpg

Edit: Darn forgot to refresh before posting, someone beat me to it.

Edited by Mr. Generic

Definitely not all of the surprises can be directly found via MapSat's anomaly button. The =D trenches in the ocean south of KSC are proof of that. I only just discovered it after the new dev version of MapSat included a zoom function and it's apparantly been there for awhile.

Do you guys remember the large tractor tread marks on Minmus? Are they still there? I was never able to find them myself and I can't find the original picture of them.

Edit: NVM I found them. Here is the original post

Recently I've found something that looked peculiarly similar to giant track prints on Minmus.

Signs of alien activity, perhaps?

minmustracks1.jpg

minmustracks2.jpg

minmustracks3.jpg

The small figure at the lower right of the last picture is Bill (or maybe Bob).

Edited by AmpsterMan

I propose that the cockpit is just a very, very rare terrain scatter. Rare terrain scatters would be impossible to find with Mapsat as their location is random. If it can't be found in map view or switched to, it's a scatter. The only proof we need now is for someone to find it again and see if it has a collider. Also, notice that the cockpit's texture is slightly lower than the rover's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.