• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I try to use texture overloading in MODULE node:

MODEL
{
model = Hangar/Parts/Models/InflatableHangar1
//this does not work. PartLoader dies with NullRef =(
texture = inflatable-hangar-case , Hangar/Parts/Models/inflatable-hangar-case-orange
}

But get NullRef exception:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartLoader.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I've triple checked all URLs and texture names in Unity. All is correct.

Has anyone experienced this and, by any chance, know how to work around this?

• 4 months later...

Just grab the .23 version. All you have to do is unzip it into the assets folder inside your Unity project. Simple as that. The .20 version came as a .unitypackage which did so automatically when you double clicked it. No need to install that first. And Unity 4.2.2 is best, btw. Anything later will give funny issues with animations for KSP.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Give me a sec will post a link for both .20 and .23

EDIT- Here is a link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/KSP_Part_Tools/Part_Tools_.20_.23.zip

Thank you! I've been searching high and low for an active link to 0.20 tools.

I'm struggling to get this package to work. I need to install 0.20, then override with updates from 0.23, correct?

Nah, you just drag the unzipped contents of part tools .23 into the assets folder of your unity project. No need for .20 first. Mods, could we get a note in the OP of this thread to that effect please? This continues to cause confusion.

• 5 months later...

Greetings,

Assets folder: Folder where you are working on your part(s).

I think it is created when you do a save?

I cant remember as I myself an getting back into this; so yes I can see...run Unity, start6 a package (?); close Unity (?); add the asset; now you can port/save the asset anywhere?!

Some of my first projects had a crapload of assets not used 'by KSP'; learning curve.

Commander Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.