[0.20.2] Mission Controller v0.10 (06/24/2013) [ALPHA]

nobody44

I had a thought for the problem. Instead of telling everyone to build there own payloads that end up being too cheep for balancing issues, maybe have some parts made that are specifically designed to make the missions more challenging. Like for the comsat missions actually have a 'comsat' part. This would also help with doing multiple missions at once. Also can you make "recycle" into an "end flight" type button that deletes the craft?

I like that idea. there could be several comsat parts of different weights and values. A hard mission would ask for a heavy/expensive comsat to be put into orbit.

Only glanced at the table (stock part because I dont use KW) but the numbers seemed okay, I was about to suggest a factor of ISP and Thrust...

I had the same idea, but I did not get the results I expected.

I had a thought for the problem. Instead of telling everyone to build there own payloads that end up being too cheep for balancing issues, maybe have some parts made that are specifically designed to make the missions more challenging. Like for the comsat missions actually have a 'comsat' part. This would also help with doing multiple missions at once. Also can you make "recycle" into an "end flight" type button that deletes the craft?

I would need parts for that ;). And I can't use blender.... for some mysterious reasons (I am dumb). About the Recycle button: I would abolutely like to do that, but currently I don't know *how* to end a flight in code. If anyone of you knows a plugin that ends a flight, please let me know :).

I like that idea. there could be several comsat parts of different weights and values. A hard mission would ask for a heavy/expensive comsat to be put into orbit.

If this is requested by the users, I would like to include some probe components into my plugin :).

About the Recycle button: I would abolutely like to do that, but currently I don't know *how* to end a flight in code. If anyone of you knows a plugin that ends a flight, please let me know :).

I used that:

FlightDriver.TerminateCurrentFlight();
FlightResultsDialog.showExitControls = true;

if( ended == 1 )
{
FlightResultsDialog.Display( "Mission accomplished! You can go to Scenarios menu and start next mission." );
}
else
{
FlightResultsDialog.Display( "Mission failure!" );
}

I used that:

FlightDriver.TerminateCurrentFlight();
FlightResultsDialog.showExitControls = true;

if( ended == 1 )
{
FlightResultsDialog.Display( "Mission accomplished! You can go to Scenarios menu and start next mission." );
}
else
{
FlightResultsDialog.Display( "Mission failure!" );
}

Thank you very much. Makes it much easier to handle the recycle event :).

I don't get how to make mission packages. Does anybody know how to make the package for it?

Well, I know it... did you read the documentation on github?

I think this payload idea should be explored more in the mission package area, instead of adding new parts. Maybe just lower the reward for these comsat missions? I think his idea of adding a cost scale from a difficulty setting would be better, and a mission can be written to require maybe some parts.

First of all, this is BRILLIANT, thank you!!! It completely transformed the game for me. I've done a few stock missions and about a third of the NT missions. So far no major issues. The rewards seem ok, it's pretty easy to make 25-30K per launch for the repeatable commercial satellite missions for example, so money isn't exactly a problem so far. But I'm assuming the later missions dealing with the rest of the Kerbin system changes that.

First of nice to hear you enjoy NTSP. I designed the reward with 2 things in mind. 1. Failure, it's KSP and not everyone is able to build a stable launchvehicle asap ,) 2. The Prestige Missions. Those are truly expensive, and the next one even more ,). Since you need them to get to the next level of Commercial Missions they are a must have Missions, even if you can neglect them at the beginning. BUT at a certain point with the further exploration of the kerbal system and further raise of rocketcost they are a must have.

Now, for my question of the day. I'm seeing a lack of rover missions, so I thought I'd take a stab at making some, but I'm a bit unsure of the actual capabilities. Can you track a rover specifically, or does the system not distinguish between a landed probe and rover? And is it possible to track distance driven?

At the end of Pack 1 there are the first Missions to build rovers. Our Scientists are working extra Hours to advance our Program but you have to remember they are not computers and therefore can't been overclocked to work faster :)

I'm using the NTSpaceProgram. In mission 2 I got myself into the right orbit and completed that part of the mission. I didn't have enough fuel to land though so now it says I've completed goal 1 but not 2. Do I have to redo the whole mission (getting to the right orbit) before landing again? The window gives me no feedback when I try and do it again. That must be the case or you could just take off and hover above the ground a few metres and land again to fulfil the landing goal. I need to finish this mission to start the next one.

Yes because your Probe stayed in Orbit and our Scientists need the data from the descend. Sadly there is still no way to refuel in space but until then yes you have to send another Probe up there and then bring her down.

Yes because your Probe stayed in Orbit and our Scientists need the data from the descend. Sadly there is still no way to refuel in space but until then yes you have to send another Probe up there and then bring her down.

Um you can refuel in space by docking...

I like that much of my space program is funded by maintaining a constellation of commercial geostationary satellites. I've got 23 in orbit and every year once their contract is up I can re-mission them for 100k each. Makes for a nice stable source of income. They're all functional as com sats too since they're equipped with at least a sat dish and antenna along with some kind of power supply.

Earlier there was discussion about comsat parts, maybe ask the guys doing remotetech persmission to redistribute their sat dishes and antenna parts?

2. The Prestige Missions. Those are truly expensive, and the next one even more

I liked the "for the prestige" missions though I ended up making a 3 part (later turned into 2 part) station linked with the 2.5m docking clamps instead of 5 parts linked with the regular dock-o-trons as the mission goals implied, I just undocked and re-docked what was in orbit to complete the mission. Personally, I'd request missions to Jool. Especially something along the lines of setting up a fuel depot/orbital station to help with exploring Jool's moons, x amount of fuel, monopropellant, a few hitchhiker cans along with a landercan/cupola for command center.

Something to consider might be missions to investigate specific anomalies, a further complexity to rover missions. Land, drive rover to the exact longitude/latitude, eva for an hour, return.

Maybe "research labs" made up of a lander can, hitchhiker can, cupola landed at the exact lon/lat of an anomaly.

Here's what that space station looked like when I completed that prestige mission by the way.

screenshot277.jpg

At the end of Pack 1 there are the first Missions to build rovers. Our Scientists are working extra Hours to advance our Program but you have to remember they are not computers and therefore can't been overclocked to work faster :)
Hehe, thanks man. Give those scientists a few minutes off, they've done a brilliant job so far. Their damn moho mission has got me stumped :P

I saw Scott Manley's video checking this out and I gotta say it breathed an amazing amount of life into the game that had kind of gone out. I'll always love KSP, but the amount of time I kept the game open was getting shorter and shorter. Mission Controller is really fantastic, and I cant wait to see it smoothed out more. I can't wait until the official career mode comes around, and I hope it feels a lot like this.

Ok, this is amazing. This is the bigger half of the next mod I wanted to do. Would you consider joining forces, once I've got DRE and MFS stable? I'd love to contribute a functioning, unlockable tech-tree to this mod.

I just release a new version. Have fun :)

Newest Changes (0.8):

• added kerbonaut insurance costs (for each kerbal) which is configurable in the settings gui. The users gets those expenses back when he lands on Kerbin and recycles the manned vessel. Default is 0...
  • added three difficulities, which define the costs for rockets and stuff. Reworked the whole forumlars used to calculate all costs
  • removed recycle option on other planets then Kerbin
  • fixed recycle option: ends the flight now
  • reworked stock mission package
  • fixed a nasty bug caused by KSP

About the insurance costs: Basically when you launch a vessel you pay for each Kerbonaut, say 100000 krones. You won't get those krones back unless you land back on Kerbin and recycle the vessel. You get 100% back (splashed or landed does not matter). This should make manned missions more dangerous and finally you have to use launch escape systems. End flight or anything that will not recycle the vessel, won't get you the krones back.

so when you load a quicksave, the vessel counts as new, and when you stage that it will charge you the cost again. I don't think this is intended...

to reproduce, send a rocket to space, F5, F9, and stage something off

That is 100% intended. But you can use the "chicken" mode (someone in this thread used this term, it was not me ;) ) in the config window to get your *latest* expenses back.

I saw Scott Manley's video checking this out and I gotta say it breathed an amazing amount of life into the game that had kind of gone out. I'll always love KSP, but the amount of time I kept the game open was getting shorter and shorter. Mission Controller is really fantastic, and I cant wait to see it smoothed out more. I can't wait until the official career mode comes around, and I hope it feels a lot like this.

Glad to hear that :).

Ok, this is amazing. This is the bigger half of the next mod I wanted to do. Would you consider joining forces, once I've got DRE and MFS stable? I'd love to contribute a functioning, unlockable tech-tree to this mod.

That depends on what you have in mind :).

That depends on what you have in mind :).

I basically want to craft a system whereby parts can have criteria to 'unlock' them, which are fulfilled by flying missions. Everything past that is just cfg-overriding, but I would like to turn the entire potential inventory (Squad, KW, B9, everything) into one massive tech tree.

Personally, I'd request missions to Jool. Especially something along the lines of setting up a fuel depot/orbital station to help with exploring Jool's moons, x amount of fuel, monopropellant, a few hitchhiker cans along with a landercan/cupola for command center.

Just wait for pack 2. as the space program expands even the mission goals and targets do so.

Hehe, thanks man. Give those scientists a few minutes off, they've done a brilliant job so far. Their damn moho mission has got me stumped :P

They already got a two week vacation and are back to work right now but i will give them your feedback :)

"Recycle and end flight" -> 'Close' -> "Recycle and end flight" -> 'Close' ... gives money multiple time.

Which version of KSP? Mine (0.20.2) does not show a close button. I can however click on the recycle and end flight button, which is obviously not intended.

Which version of KSP? Mine (0.20.2) does not show a close button. I can however click on the recycle and end flight button, which is obviously not intended.

0.20.2 I had "Close" button when i finished first mission (Sputnki I), landed on ground. Now with sputnik II and splashdown, i didn't had "CLOSE" button. So its not always, i will post if i ever see it again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.