[0.20.2] Mission Controller v0.10 (06/24/2013) [ALPHA]

nobody44

Yeah it is available... I've done up to and including 21, the grand tour. I can select it in the second pack and everything, good to go, it's not locked. Docking just doesn't tick over as mentioned. Attached is my current .sp file and .mpkg, if you we're curious - thankyou for taking a look!

CommercializationOfSpace.mpkg

default (Sandbox).sp

*EDIT*

I've just edited the mission in the .sp file to complete, and have successfully done mission 2 and 3 - 3 involves docking again, this time it worked fine, so I guess my issue must have just been a one-off. I did also try launching both ships already docked together in one launch, undocked and re-docked them, probably didn't help...

Back to the missions before 0.21 comes out!

Edited by pasty2k2

Did you try to do the mission before hand with another vessel? If so the mission saves the vessel infomation to the save file and you can only do it with that kind of vessel. The only way to fix this is to delete the mission from your. .sp you have to find it. Can't tell what your using in the .sp between now and then.. Infact With what you gave me I don't even see the mission listed. Only missions from the first pack...

Edited by malkuth

Indeed, that was the odd thing, it didn't even list it after 21, the last one in the .sp file that I had done, even halfway through attempting it. Very odd. Subsequent missions are fine though.

Spotted one thing I'm not sure you intended, mission 4 of Commercialization has no docking goal, just get the escape pods etc up into orbit. Was handy as I had to reshuffle the station about a bit to fit them, but just thought I'd let you know in case that was unintentional :)

Turns out spaceplanes are cheaper than I thought... I can get about 15 or so up for 330000 minus insurance with pinolallo's FatBob ship, that can go a lot further. Next is to design something myself to do it :3

*EDIT*

OK it's happened again, this time on mission 6 - I've deduced that the time requirement is what is not letting the docking state change to true. Reading through the instructions on making your own mission pack, DockingGoal has no attributes you can set, so maybe this is just causing it to choke up and do nothing?

Either way, removing the time requirement from the mission in the .mpkg file lets me complete the mission with no issues. Not sure how you could put this in, unless you've tested it and know that it should work fine? "stay docked for 1 day" is what you are intending I assume. You could put this on a second SubMission, after the docking goal in the first SubMission?

Sorry for hijacking this thread for the last couple days - just loving the mod and pack! Might do my own at some point...

Edited by pasty2k2

I'm really impressed by this mod, but one thing I noticed is that you almost need to create your rockets in free-play mode, because you get at most 2 launch attempts per mission with the budgets here. It's awfully difficult to design a rocket to meet the criteria from scratch without opportunities for some trial and error.

One interesting thing to consider would be creating two commodities, cash and public will. Then you could have an open-ended "R&D" mission allowing users to create rockets freeform at a cost of dollars per public will (to simulate politicians resisting the spending). Completing missions would cost money but could generate public will, especially for big projects like a moon landing. It would require rebalancing, but it would make the development trial & error part of things integrate into the mission control instead of needing to occur outside it.

Hello,

I want to make SPH missions, but I need some help.

I want to make sure that user will use SPH and do task insetead of him doing that from VAB.

It would be cool if there would be "FlyByGoal" - If you pass X,Y, then its 1 - , if dev read this.

Also @dev reference is not too good, it's pretty hard to under stand, there should be examples for every statment.

Hey nobody44 would you do some of us who have "way to many mods to track" a favor :) ? It would great to see some dates in the change log so we can figure out if were out of date with versions or not. Great work!

I'm really impressed by this mod, but one thing I noticed is that you almost need to create your rockets in free-play mode, because you get at most 2 launch attempts per mission with the budgets here. It's awfully difficult to design a rocket to meet the criteria from scratch without opportunities for some trial and error.

One interesting thing to consider would be creating two commodities, cash and public will. Then you could have an open-ended "R&D" mission allowing users to create rockets freeform at a cost of dollars per public will (to simulate politicians resisting the spending). Completing missions would cost money but could generate public will, especially for big projects like a moon landing. It would require rebalancing, but it would make the development trial & error part of things integrate into the mission control instead of needing to occur outside it.

I know Noboddy says hes been pretty busy no idea if he will be able to update this to .21 or not... Hope he does.. But if he does not I might ask him if I can have a shot at this mod.. And one Idea I did have was to remove the option to Shut off the cost of launching vessels.. (IE shut off missions for you can test it) and replace it with something like a 5% testing cost... So basically to test your craft it would cost you 5% of the actual cost.. Without fuel.. To simulate the development and Testing of vehicles. If that makes sense to anyone..

And if Nobody comes back and still developes this mod.. Then maybe its an idea we can throw at him..

Anyway from what I can tell most mods will have to redo some of there windows call in .21 because a lot of that is suppose to be changing.. And the whole new break down of how missions end will most likely "I think" totally break missions controller and how it ends... "it might not" Pretty sure it will though..

Programing is still new for me so might not be the best choice.. But willing to give it a shot if Nobody scedule is booked.

Edited by malkuth

And if Nobody comes back and still developes this mod.. Then maybe its an idea we can throw at him.

[...]

Programing is still new for me so might not be the best choice.. But willing to give it a shot if Nobody scedule is booked.

Let me know if this happens. I've got some coding under my belt and am definitely interested in working on this. I can also spellcheck your missions. :wink:

Well I managed to get this to work in .21

This line is the culprit

FlightDriver.TerminateCurrentFlight ();

I just hashed it out and the program does not crash anymore. (this is why you see nothing in game right now)

The problem is I don't know what to replace this with.. This line is what ends your flight in the old version.. But TerminateCurrentFlight is no longer in as an option.. But hopefully Noboddy will see this and be able to get a quick fix out to everyone.

I don't have permission to edit this program for the public.. I have to do some more testing to see what this will do to the game anyway. But I got it to actual load I guess thats a start..

Again there seems to be no more endflight value at all... So hmmm.

Ill Pm Nobody see if he is still active..

Edit: Did some more work replaced the TerminateCurrentFlight with something else.. Not sure what It really does.. But it totally stops a player from misusing the Recycle button too much.... But MC is working fine in my game at this point. Waiting for a PM from Nobody. If not I might release it as unofficial for now.. Like some others do.. Have not seen to many people calling for this mod... So maybe its not needed.

Edited by malkuth

Well I managed to get this to work in .21

awesome!

Waiting for a PM from Nobody. If not I might release it as unofficial for now.. Like some others do.. Have not seen to many people calling for this mod... So maybe its not needed.

I was just being patient. I'd love if someone stepped up to support this if nobody has gone underground. btw, the work was released under GPLv3 looking at the source on git. That reserves his copyright, but also gave you or anyone else freedom to copy, distribute, and modify his code. (as long as you also distribute your source and otherwise conform to GPLv3)

All that said, its completely appropriate for you to pm and ask permission. I'm just saying, if he doesn't reply, you're within the rights he's specifically granted the world to release a derivative/updated work.

Ok so I will release this Unofficial edit for you guys.. But please remember that Nobody is still the official Developer of this mod.. All I changed was The lines that were causing the code to crash.. Nothing is new. But there is some changes in how things work so please remember these rules.

The new way Kerbal Space Program Ends Vessels.. (IE there is no more End Vessel) totally borked how mission editor handles Recycled vessels.. I changed it as much as possible for the system can't be mistreated by user.. IE always Recycling the vessel to get more money. So its up to you not to abuse this.. its your game.. So Have Fun.

Last note.. You have to Recover Your vessel now from the Tracking Station.. Click on Vessel in tracking station and if you vessel is splashed or landed you will have the recover option on the bottom left hand corner (looks like a tow ship). Only way to recover the vessel.. This is not my doing. Its how .21 works now.. And I can't figure out how to call this from the Game Screen. So here you go guys.. Have fun.

This is what happens when you land and you get the recycle option.

1. Everything is the same as before.. Click Recycle

2. You will get a Mission Debrief Screen after this..

3. Exit out of the Debrief screen and hit ESC.

4. Choose The Option To Go to Space Center (from the Pause Screen)

5. Go To Tracking Station

6. Recover Vessel.

To Delete Vessels in space (IE satellites you no longer want)

1. All vessels that are not in a landed or splashed state can now be Deleted from the Tracking station.. Its the only place in the game you can delete vessels.

Unofficial Mission Controller Fix (User Download)

SourceCode

GPL License

Edited by malkuth

Ok so I will release this Unofficial edit for you guys.. But please remember that Nobody is still the official Developer of this mod.. All I changed was The lines that were causing the code to crash.

Thanks, malkuth. The community, I'm sure, appreciates your fix. May I ask that you release the source, or at least a diff of the files you edited? You need to release the source and license it under GPLv3 in order to comply with Nobody's copyright.

Thanks, malkuth. The community, I'm sure, appreciates your fix. May I ask that you release the source, or at least a diff of the files you edited? You need to release the source and license it under GPLv3 in order to comply with Nobody's copyright.

Post has been updated with source and gpl license

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.