On the 0.21 Update News: Your most anticipated new feature, your disappointments...

rodion_herrera

On the 0.21 Update News: Your most anticipated new feature, your disappointments, what you felt should have been pushed forward...

....discuss it here.

I for one wished they would really push with implementing the "sub-assembly" type of loading--I really think it's one of the most time-saving and logical enhancements to the VAB or SPH.

Looking forward to it, since they are focusing a bit on the image of the space center I wish they would take some more time and do a makeover for the engine effects and smoke and such, 0.21 looks very good though, can't wait for the Career mode!

a makeover for the engine effects and smoke and such!
Well I hope if they do that, they consider efficient smoke rendering methods i.e. kinda like LOD system--right now I think the video card on my laptop can *barely* handle the particle system being used (I wish there was a way to scale down the detail on that)--it causes lag for me.

* Overhauled Space Center Facilities.
This is what i don't like that much. First they get rid of the Launch tower and the VAB and the SPH and not even the second KSC is there to remind us of the good old days :(

No disappointment. Any update is a step forward. As myself a software dev (not in game industry, these guys are too much crazy :sticktongue:), I know it's tough having a good dev plan. Everything always change.

So any progress, is a progress. Even if bugs comes along. SQUAD keep working hard! I love the results!

I'm excited about the start of career oriented concepts. If for anything just to having a running statistics of your flights or your Kerbals. Something Like hours flown/flight status etc. For me, Dilwig Kerman is no longer allowed to pilot landers and he's been indefinitely grounded since depositing my lander on the Mun In an incorrect vertical state.

I wont lie. My biggest disappointment was the complete lack of mentioning clouds.

I REALLY REALLY want clouds. Kerbin is weird looking when you really stop and look at it. Needs moar clouds! But that's just eye candy and I know that's not the type of stuff you add in early when developing a game, muchelss on the scale KSP is.

Most happy about the crew management features. Should bring some life and character to the Kerbals.

I wont lie. My biggest disappointment was the complete lack of mentioning clouds.

I REALLY REALLY want clouds. Kerbin is weird looking when you really stop and look at it. Needs moar clouds! But that's just eye candy and I know that's not the type of stuff you add in early when developing a game, muchelss on the scale KSP is.

Most happy about the crew management features. Should bring some life and character to the Kerbals.

Maybe they still can't decide on whether clouds should be modelled as particles, or just texture "planes" (i.e. in Orbiter there is a cloud layer, textures on the surface of a huge sphere, but it's flat of course). The former is prettier but could be laggy, and the latter is ugly but it can look good from LKO.

I can't wait to pick and choose kerbonauts! That is a feature that I want so bad! I also like how you guys are adding more parts a bit, each update, instead of throwing it out as it's own update.

Career mode is going to be AWESOME!

Campaign! Campaign! Campaign! When a game has a campaign mode, I never play anything else. If a game doesn't allow me to build something up over time, I've got no interest in it at all. I don't want to send soldiers into battle unless I raised them from puppies and determined how many rounds of ammunition they are carrying and how many buttons are on their tunics, and that sort of thing. I want the last turn (or phase, whatever) to turn out the way it did because of decisions I made in the first turn.

They kept mentioning "launch facilities" in a plural sense. KSP2 becomes active in 0.21?

I suspect they package the runway and SPH in with the VAB and launchpad as launch facilities. But I would happily be proven wrong

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.