On the 0.21 Update News: Your most anticipated new feature, your disappointments...

rodion_herrera

For those disappointed about resources (or last of thereof) - as long as I follow KSP, resources has always been "one update away". It least this announcement allows me to keep working on resource mining system as stock won't be ready for at least several months :)

no complaints here, I love that they are making the KSC view an actual view :D I can see my mobile bases parked around it, and they mentioned it'll really take away from the loading time after hitting launch, which I'm very glad about!

What I see in the announced changes for 0.21 is more structural changes to the game. Much like the game database system in 0.20 we'll have a new system for tracking Kerbonauts and player performances. This may not give you a lot of new gameplay options at first, but it will open up a lot of possibilities for mods and for future updates :)

No. You have to either download full copy from the Store (or Steam if you roll that way) which is most recent available, or use Patcher application found in KSP_win folder after you install the game.

None of you have any right to be disappointed, it's not like they're working on a completed game here. Let Squad update/add whatever they want when they want it.

Yeah, bitching about not getting content in a free game is bull****.

Oh wait.

Yes, everybody calm down. I don't think there's a need to be freaking out about resources. I don't remember Squad saying "WE PROMISE YOU RESOURCES" or something like "You guys should be excited about resources!" And yet, you act like they did.

you're getting it, just not right now. Patience

Yeah I'll just wait another two years.

The vast majority of the content I am enjoying in this game is the work of unpaid volunteers. If it weren't for them I'd probably have forgotten about this game months ago, back when they were stringing along docking ports for two or three versions straight.

The last major thing we got from Squad was in 0.18. It included docking, maneuver nodes, and the fundamental framework for resourcing. Everything since then might as well have not even have been released for as little as it matters.

The vast majority of the content I am enjoying in this game is the work of unpaid volunteers. If it weren't for them I'd probably have forgotten about this game months ago, back when they were stringing along docking ports for two or three versions straight.

The last major thing we got from Squad was in 0.18. It included docking, maneuver nodes, and the fundamental framework for resourcing. Everything since then might as well have not even have been released for as little as it matters.

True. We should be happy for just being able to be able to play such an amazing game. And there's always the Kethane mod (if it ever gets updated before 0.21 comes out)

It is what it is.. I wish they would work on lowering the RAM footprint by making the game load parts on demand rather than all at game launch. Resources are already done with mods. Crew management is admittedly cool though.

If you don't like the game, you don't need to play it. How about instead of saying squad is doing bad and not fast enough, you thank them for what they have done? And .19 & .20 where both performance upgrades and visual.

I personally look forward to the expansion on the Kerbal side of things, it'll be nice to see what's in store at the complex. Not to mention the overhaul of the Space Centre scene, that'll be nice and shiny!

Well I hope if they do that, they consider efficient smoke rendering methods i.e. kinda like LOD system--right now I think the video card on my laptop can *barely* handle the particle system being used (I wish there was a way to scale down the detail on that)--it causes lag for me.

there is a way to manually do this. I don't know how though.

You have the right to not purchase anything that's pre-full release.

Were this a fully released game and the resources not yet added, then you'd have an argument.

At this moment though, the game is still in early development stages. When you purchase the game, you purchase it well aware of it being only in a developmental stage.

It is what it is.. I wish they would work on lowering the RAM footprint by making the game load parts on demand rather than all at game launch...

not everyone has an SSD

...Resources are already done with mods....

In that case why even bother adding it stock?

Couldn't care less about career mode; sandbox all the way for me, so they had me at "New parts" :)
Oh yeah! New parts! especially with Artyom and Claira on the team...

They never said they were going to be adding new parts to the game with this update. They said "...this update will feature yet more parts completely re-coded to the new system...", which just means that existing parts are going to be implemented differently. Granted, they may toss in a couple of new things (they seem to try to add something new each update), but don't get your hopes up for anything spectacular

I don't think anyone is complaining about Squad. They're simply expressing disappointment about features they were hoping for not being in the next update. Complaining about people doing this is in my opinion disrespectful - you are essentially saying that people are not entitled to have their own opinion.

I am disappointed with what is coming, but I understand why this is happening also. I don't hate Squad for not doing what I would like - I love them and their work, and I am sure the things they add in 0.21 will be great for what they are. They are just not features I was hoping for.

I totally see what your saying. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion! That's not what I'm trying to say. All I say, be realistic. You said your disappointing. You didn't see what you want in this update. I understand that. I'm just saying; Just because you don't like the features, or you wished there would be others instead it doesn't mean it's still an update. Like I said; You can't always get what you want. You may want resources or something like that, another want Crew stuff. It's hard to please the whole world. Nevertheless, it's an update. It's something new. It's one little step closer to a full version. Their exited enough to share that with us. Maybe you except to much from the game in it current state if it disappoint you?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.