The one thing that really grinds your gears.

Mercy

Terrible trolling! XD

Pissing fights.

Circle Jerking.

The inability to ignore people.

Misrepresentation of the community you love.

Petty arguments.

Pseudo-Superiority

I can't say that i liked either side of the argument, but i want to say that shamalamadingdong doesn't represent any of us.

We hate him too.

Edited by Lumaro

Idiots thinking themselves entitled to bash other people based on what those people choose to do with their lives.

E.g. when I see someone calling a homosexual a heathen and a plight I want to put a gun to his/her face and pull the trigger.

[Edit] Also hypocrisy, that is something on a whole other level of annoying.

People that drive at or under the speed limit in perfect conditions.

tumblr_lpyherfquJ1qj3j6p.jpg

Wait, are you serious now? AT or BELOW the speed limit? You serious? When I drive (I'm on my Ls) I drive AT the speed limit, exactly, to within .4 kmph of the limit most times. Sometimes I go under, BUT I never go over the speed limit, for one, its illegal, and two I have been hit by people trying to slow down from 65kmph to 0 in a 60 zone... More than once

As long as you're not the guy going 60 while everyone else is going 80 and having to swerve around you, do whatever you want. Speed limits have their place but a 90 degree summer day is not the place to go slow, especially when the speed limits were designed 50 years ago for cars much less capable than the ones commonly on the road today. Maybe after you get off your Ls and have more experience you will come to see that this is the case.

I live in the US, where we don't have any graduated licensing and everyone speeds.

There is nothing more frustrating than being stuck behind a slow car on a nice curvy road on my bike or in my cage. Especially when they don't use the slow vehicle turnouts like they should.

I'm not accusing you of anything but maybe those people were following too closely because they wanted you to go faster. Obviously I don't know what happened, but it happening twice is interesting.

Speed limits are set to allow the greatest practical safety. This depends on the skill of the drivers, and the conditions. On a dry, warm road with no obstructions along the sides or wildlife, with a vehicle in good condition and skilled drivers (everyone on the road) it can be quite safe even above the speed limit. This never happens. Roads get wet, vehicles are worn out or damaged, people are flawed, moose cross the road every now and then, and so on. Speed limits are there to account for that, and it is illegal to go faster than them for a reason. Nonetheless, there are cases, perfect conditions, like Salmonella put it, where you can safely go faster if you feel like risking your license. You still shouldn't get upset at people going at the speed limit, but below it is quite justifiable. There are cases where you should go slower, but perfect conditions are not them. Holding up traffic is just as dangerous, as people get frustrated and may begin acting recklessly to get past you.

The only problem with your argument is that everyone still drives above the speed limit. It's a normal thing to do. They're set too low in many cases. Want an example that bothers me daily on my way to work? This road used to be a 50mph speed limit. Now it is set to 25mph for no reason at all. The only reason it's set so low is so that the police can give tickets.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=47.284076,-122.259274&num=1&t=h&z=16

See? Straight, next to a freeway, and it continues south for the entire length at 25mph, which takes forever now.

You might say that I should just go 25. I do this, but then everyone tailgates me and gets super pissed. This make me feel unsafe, especially when I am on my motorcycle and vulnerable to people tailgating me and messing up.

So I speed up, and traffic continues at a normal flow.

Ever heard of the Autobahn? The speed limits there are nice and high.

You already know my opinion on this, so it'd probably be better to let this go back to ranting about traffic before it escalates.

Anyway, I agree completely, Salmonella. Still, inexperienced drivers need to drive at a safe speed. Preferably, there should always be some way to safely pass them for people who want to go faster. And as someone who's actually been on the Autobahn (as a passenger), I think every country needs them. You get to your destination quickly and safely. German engineering at its best.

It's true though! I mean, I hate flying under the earth, so much turbulance....

If that's a joke, I laughed!

If it's not...Well...May the forums community have mercy on your soul.

I'm leaning towards joke though :D

Ever heard of the Autobahn? The speed limits there are nice and high.

If 100-120 kph is a high speed limit, how bad are limits where you live (US, I think)?

quickly

Not really. At least in the part of Germany I live in, quite a bit of the time on the Autobahn I spend in traffic jams because of construction going on. If the road isn't blocked it's really nice indeed, though.

Back to topic: One thing that I really hate is people judging intellectual abilities by how old you are, as i'm quite intelligent for my age.

Edited by Ben Kerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.