FAKOOM Advanced SAS pack

foamyesque

I see, so having more of these isn\'t the same as more SAS modules. Meh. This rocket science is too much for me!

There should be a system by which only the lowest ASAS on the stack is active, like engines and fuel tanks. Then you could have an appropriate sized one for each stage.

Arrr!

Capt\'n Skunky

There should be a system by which only the lowest ASAS on the stack is active, like engines and fuel tanks. Then you could have an appropriate sized one for each stage.

Arrr!

Capt\'n Skunky

That would be a reasonable and flexible solution (since you could put different ASAS for different levels of CA), but, for myself, I\'d like to see them reworked to use simply deviation from setpoint attitude relative to horizon. It\'d fix the issues caused by the momentum changes and it should also give you, in orbit, prograde and retrograde holds.

I am looking into the possibility of creating ASAS modules that respond to angular momentum in reverse so that you CAN add extras to the machine and have gain rise as you stage, but so far progress has been minimal.

Hrm, if its additive this should work. Make a negative version of the High gain one and stage it next to your low gain one, the high gain and negative high-gain should zero each other out, leaving the net gain of the optimal big rocket module. Then after you drop that stage, the one for the top stage is left.

Of course, if the module doesn\'t accept a signed input, we\'re out of luck.

Hrm, if its additive this should work. Make a negative version of the High gain one and stage it next to your low gain one, the high gain and negative high-gain should zero each other out, leaving the net gain of the optimal big rocket module. Then after you drop that stage, the one for the top stage is left.

Of course, if the module doesn\'t accept a signed input, we\'re out of luck.

I tried that and it didn\'t work quite the way I expected. It\'s doing SOMETHING, but I\'ve not isolated what yet. Needs more investigation. :P

If you check, I did change the masses of the ASASes (the ones for small ships are lighter). I might look into doing a full-up remodel, but that\'s quite a bit more work.

As for the ponies, well, I like \'em. But, since you asked so nicely, the ponies are now gone.

Yeesh, such a fuss over a decal. :P

Can you have a a mirror with and without Ponies? Please? And also provide some PICTURES of the mods? Thank you. ;3

I like you.

Contemplating trying to do my own reconfig/retexture of some of the parachutes, giving a range of drag values for recovering larger parts. I hope rainbow dash looks good on a hemisphere.

I use Fluttershy for the \'chute. Rainbow Dash goes on the boosters. :P

So I updated; the set has gone from four ASAS modules to seven. The three new ones fit between the previous four, to provide better scaling for different ships; the first set covered too wide a range and intermediate uses had flutter or huge understeer. The new modules should, hopefully, make those situatons much less common.

• 4 weeks later...

Well.. I came here to learn about alternative SAS/ASAS options, and instead wandered into a Pony Minefield! ???

FWIW, I love the fact that fact that this game inspires quirkiness like pony-themed parts, even though they\'re not to my taste. I think the best solution is probably to provide the parts with a choice of 'skins' (i.e. texture files): One set with ponies, one set without. That way everyone\'s happy. (Well, except for The Grouch. But no probs, he prefers being miserable anyway. :) )

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.