Ariane V launch now! (It's over)

ShroomOfDoom

I missed it, where can I watch a video

There should be a Subforum for rocket launch announcements

On the site i linked in the first post there is a "Ariane 5 videos" tab on the upper side of the page,along with Vega and Soyuz videos.

Bah old news... I have been flying Arianne V's into the ground... errr... into the Mun... errr... into orbit for quite some time now. I need to redo it now for 0.20 though... Mind you I did alter it from using SRBs to using liquid boosters and banana peeled them off (don't like asparagus) as it is more fuel efficient.

Congrats to Ariannespace though. Big competition with SpaceX though... and I think SpaceX is actually in the lead, or will be shortly.

Bah old news... I have been flying Arianne V's into the ground... errr... into the Mun... errr... into orbit for quite some time now. I need to redo it now for 0.20 though... Mind you I did alter it from using SRBs to using liquid boosters and banana peeled them off (don't like asparagus) as it is more fuel efficient.

Congrats to Ariannespace though. Big competition with SpaceX though... and I think SpaceX is actually in the lead, or will be shortly.

I think that might change as soon as esa begins to send up the Orion. A bit sad though that the next ATV launch will be the last.

except spacex is not even in the competition at the moment...

on the other hand - arianne 5 holds cca 50% of commercial gto market... competition is between arianne and proton for gto launches (most of commercial launches around the world are to the gto)

don't believe everything what is said about spacex

Thanks for the heads up, I just saw it flying by here in Germany, but still quite low above the horizon. Past midnight, there will be a series of better passes. The ISS will also be visible here the night before it docks, so I hope to see them both at the same time on the 14th/15th if the weather complies.

I still remember seeing Mir, a Progress and the Shuttle fly over in the nineties, that was awesome!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.