Pico Space Program

I sent the payload to the Mun, but it ran out of charge. Perhaps add OX-STAT to it and the craft will function on long trips. Also, it nearly made my ears bleed.

Good craft, could possibly use a bit of refining?

The probe core is a dummy payload. Unfortunately, I can't fix the sound of the rocket. You'll have to turn the sound down until Squad fixes the sound (I don't think they will :().

I'll be releasing the Delta III soon and it isn't nearly as annoying.

Edited by Giggleplex777

Someone must have felt really depressed one day and voted my thread three stars.

On another note, I'm rebuilding the Angara A7 and making it a little smaller as a response to the dislike and controversy over the use of 2.5 meter parts.

Edited by Giggleplex777

Any plans for a Pico LK for the Pico N1? I've been thinking about that lately.

I just completed 0.22-ing the N1 and the Saturn V today. The rockets work fine now, but I'm having problems with the launch clamps shifting and twisting the rocket in funny ways. As for the LK, I've made a crude version of it and stuck it on top of a N1. I don't think I can have it and the Soyuz 7K-OK on one N1 though.

EfUSt23.png

I also run into some weight limitations on the N1, so i couldn't add a fairing to it.

Edited by Giggleplex777

Here's a Pico LK with Block D that I threw together last night. The goal was to get something no wider than 1.25m.

pqtkpEq.png

This particular image is missing a decoupler between the LK and the Block D. Also notable is that you can radially attach things to the Command Seat, which is how I got that docking port up there.

Awesome! Glad I could be of some inspiration. It really fits nicely into the stack and looks well-proportioned.

The one worry I had with mine (which I didn't test) was that docking would be messed up due to the docking port's placement on a cubic strut. Any issue there?

Awesome! Glad I could be of some inspiration. It really fits nicely into the stack and looks well-proportioned.

The one worry I had with mine (which I didn't test) was that docking would be messed up due to the docking port's placement on a cubic strut. Any issue there?

Nope. I clipped the seat inside some octagon trusses so I don't have to radially attach it.

I decided to ditch the RCS and replace it with fuel, which makes it 50% lighter and to give it more delta-v.

I didn't realize you could get in the seat with it clipped inside stuff. There's no obstruction problem?

As far as RCS, the only reason I did that was to have some kind of control authority, since the seat doesn't seem to have torque.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.