how much delta v does aerobraking around jool save?

i am currently planning several missions to get to the moons of jool, and for this i will first get into an orbit around jool then make my way to each moon from there. what im currently trying to compute is how much delta v i will need to get into each moons orbit. but if i use aerobraking to get captured into an orbit around jool first i will save a bit of delta v, but my question is approximately how much will i save? so that i can factor that in to my current ship design. also what is the ideal altitude to areobrake around jool without crashing into it, 100 km, 110km, 120 km?

I did this visiting Laythe. Aerobraking should save about 2500dv. You might want some of that to raise your Pe after your aerobraking though, so I would use 2000dv saving in your design to be on the safe side.

I did it at 120Km, which I think would have taken 2 orbits but I got a lucky encounter for Laythe so went straight in (you can aerobrake there too).

Best to aim too high (do another orbit) than too low (fiery death). Quick save and try a few different heights.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.