Whats is the stupidest thing you've done after you landed on the Mün.

warzone2455

...you see it runs on this resource called "free time" and it's isp SUCKS! :P

The man speaks truth.

Mine would have to be immediately after my very first Mun landing, actually. I landed with slightly more than the lander manufacturer's specified maximum lateral velocity... and then thought "Well, falling over didn't break any of the important parts off, and it's pointed toward a hill. Time to take this baby off some sweet jumps." Turns out that doesn't work so great above about 15 or 20 m/s.

I managed to do this

screenshot12bz.png

He was standing on the nose cone for the "I'm King of the Mun" photo oppertunity, when he slipped off hitting the solar panel on the way down. It didn't break but he did get his foot trapped in it suspending him rather embarresingly.

Well, I haven't done anything stupid on the mün yet, but once when I landed on minmus and was about to take-off to go home to kerbin, I accidentally pressed space... and detached the command pod from the tank+engine. Then, I facepalm'd.

So I was on the Mun, and I noticed oh boy, there's a flag only 20km away from here, and James Kerman being the most jealous of the kermans set out to destroy it. He started going pretty fast and didn't notice a hill coming on quickly. Needless to say, I now have a stranded kethane miner.

Landed on a slight incline on Mun. Hard. So hard that the capsule popped off the decoupler. Decided to get out anyway. While I was hanging on outside the hatch, the capsule slid off the top of the lander and fell on top of me, then rolled off down the hill. Stunned for some time, but survived.

Landed on the Mun with a 3 man capsule with an attached rover (my first one.) I blew the stack separator to release it and it rolled down the hill. Jeb had to chase it down.

First time I actually landed on the Mun with a live kerbal, when I was set to leave, I hit the spacebar like you would if it was on the pad on Kerbin, and watched the capsule op off the descent/ascent stage and settle nicely on the munar soil. I wish i could say it was the only time that happened. Jeb died. Again.

I landed on the Mun by one of the Mun arches with a rover. When I released the rover from the lander, it began sliding because it was on a hill. I put on the brakes, but for some reason, it could not move up the hill with the brakes off, even though it should have the power to do so. Eventually I realized that the motors on the wheels were disabled.

A rover with two left wheels, the right side broke during a botched landing. It had a set of solar panels so I used alternating WASD to drag myself around for a while, covered about a kilometer before I got bored. I might land a kerbal one day to fix it.

I use rovers with two wheels at all! :)

Stupid thing? I've left lander and then have not be able to retract ladder to got back. I've tried to jump onto a capsule hatch and knocked lander down :(

Landed 50 Km from a big crater I wanted to investigate for anomalies (had , drove my rover away from the lander site (It's cool, it was made for it!) reached the crater, and then wound up going way too fast down the side of it, blowing up...

Later, I learned that I had blown up just out of sight of the arch, confirmed by the upgraded rover.

Oh, and then there was the base constructor rover I made that I landed in that SAME crater, just south of the arch. It tipped on its rear end, and couldn't be righted, even with careful ramming and lander-leg poking. Managed to get the other rover under it and use thrusters to push it up... over... And both rovers exploded.

Using more than 50% of my jetpack fuel while moving away from my lander, in order to explore the munar landscape ... and then not having enough fuel to return, forcing me to walk several km of the distance back to my lander on foot

(fortunately with 0.20 this won´t happen anymore ... now all of my landers are equipped with a mini rover (tested for stability in low G environments))

Jeb EVAed 20ish km to a craft with fuel enough to get to orbit. I did get a bit of help from the wife. Still can't believe she held down the w and shift keys for about an hour for the green little guy. SQUAD sure did give those Kerbals character.

Man that was a long "~walking on the Mun one day~"

Yeah I was doing something similar,walking over from the lander to a probe that I'd landed a while back just to get some pictures. I decided to use the EVA pack to speed things up a bit. Which worked so well that my brave moonwalker got himself into a very low Munar orbit. Unfortunately stopping proved to be trickier. Fatally so in fact.

I let go of the ladder :blush: Poor Kerbal fell down bouncing and knocking off various pieces of equipment - solar panels, communotrons, KAS winch...I swear, this one little guy turned into a real wrecking ball and vandalised the lander worse than crash-landing.

For my first Mun landing, I timewarped into the Mun. Classy.

Did that about 5 times before a final landing.

Once I managed to stop before impact and slow myself so only the capsule survived.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.