Whats is the stupidest thing you've done after you landed on the Mün.

warzone2455

Did that about 5 times before a final landing.

Once I managed to stop before impact and slow myself so only the capsule survived.

Well done! On his first Minmus landing, (only his second day playing the game!) my friend managed to break off nothing but the parachute on the top of the capsule. Otherwise, it was an impressive landing!

My most common stupid action is using the mouse wheel to zoom the camera around the scene while pressing the SHIFT key :(

Great when building the vehicles, not so great in flight or after landing.

Forgot to use "control from here" after turning my command module around to dock with the LEM. Use the third stage to brake into Munar orbit..but found out too late the node was facing the wrong way and was now heading into solar orbit... had to use the LEM engine to get back to Kerbin...oops

Flipped my rover on the Mün. Then found that the self-righting landing leg didn't have the power to self right the rover -_-

Something else stupid I did in an earlier mission was assume the altimeter was displaying meters above sea level. Crashed into a mountain at 2000m. I'll justify this story being on this forum post as I technically landed, but then everything exploded!

this

screenshot1ca.png

geting the only pilot stuck in the fuel tank

remember to always put a leader in your lander

*That* is priceless - thank you for a well earned laugh on a Friday night! Does anyone fancy starting a caption competition? :)

Well I currently have a satellite orbiting Minmus at around 5800mts above sea level - which is usually like 50 mts above ground lol Its fun to watch from the ground passing by like crazy just above the kerbals!

Aside from my mun base/mun rover docking disaster (see the "you know it's all gone wrong when..." thread), the stupidest thing I've ever done after landing on the mun is deploy my Gigantor solar panels, and then knock one of them off while testing out the mun's low gravity (read: having Jeb jump around a lot).

I landed the first of <nope> many parts to a Mun base, near a probe i had landed near the memorial. I was only about 2500 meters away and I decided to lift back off and move it closer. Yeah, i crashed it, taking out the probe as well. Now stuff sits where i land it and I leave it alone.

Landed a rescue lander that needed to visit several old crash landing sites to pick up survivors. One of four landing legs broke off on the first landing. It leaned. I completed the mission anyway. Takeoffs were interesting.

That wasn't the stupid part though. That was actually pretty awesome. The stupid part is I think I must have ended flight on it. I picked up everyone I meant to, got it back into Mun orbit, and went to bed. Then couldn't find it in my save the next day :( Five Kerbals RIP.

I decoupled my engine from my command pod while trying to deploy a ladder, so I had to send up a rescue crew, but then the rescue crew crashed into the surface. 4 rescue missions later and I finally picked them up, only to crash into Kerbin when the chute deployed too early and broke off. That was a frustrating few hours.

For some reason on my first attempted landing I had a brain fart in the last 100 meters before landing and instead of hitting "G" to lower the landing Gear I accidentally got crossed wires in my head and thought that since gear-down was the next "step" in my flight that I should hit the staging button, so I hit spacebar...

... and watched my retro-rockets and their fuel tanks detach from the capsule, readying it for "re-entry".

For some reason on my first attempted landing I had a brain fart in the last 100 meters before landing and instead of hitting "G" to lower the landing Gear I accidentally got crossed wires in my head and thought that since gear-down was the next "step" in my flight that I should hit the staging button, so I hit spacebar...

... and watched my retro-rockets and their fuel tanks detach from the capsule, readying it for "re-entry".

I've done something very similar. My ship was for a base on the mun, so it wasn't meant to return, but there was staging to get rid of the landing stage. For some reason I staged when I didn't want to and watched as my habitation module fell to the surface and exploded as I flew away.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.