Whats is the stupidest thing you've done after you landed on the Mün.

warzone2455

Just wondering so I can see other stupid, useless, or dumb things, like my 40th mission to the Mün in my random rocket science video...

(The reason why I said after you landed on the Mün so I know you can play OK.)

I tipped over a lander and couldn't get it upright again. I tried ramping it off of a hill to see if I could get airborne (vacuum-borne?), but it kind of ended up vaporizing the rocket instead.

Jeb EVAed 20ish km to a craft with fuel enough to get to orbit. I did get a bit of help from the wife. Still can't believe she held down the w and shift keys for about an hour for the green little guy. SQUAD sure did give those Kerbals character.

Man that was a long "~walking on the Mun one day~"

My first mun landing, The landing gears were very short, so the engine is longer than the legs, So when I touched down the lander, it was standing on the engines, not the legs. No problems, but it looked very ugly and awkward.

After that I learned to test on kerbin first if everything looks right

I pressed the abort button by accident and popped off the capsule which flipped off and landed on the docking port which led to another rescue mission. Used a spacecrane on that mission... oooh... haven't remade a spacecrane in ages. Wonder if KAS has been updated yet.

I once set the staging wrong so my disposing of the transfer stage 5,000 meters above the moon resulted in my capsule popping off. The Kerbal were EVA'd in time, but I would have to call my first moon shuttle flight a failure.

Landed on Mün nicely. Crew member n°1 of 2 gets out to explore a little. Gets bored and comes back to discover the ladder is too short to get back on board.

Just use the EVA pack...

First landing of a prototype lander/return vehicle, and I sat it down at the rim of a crater. Right on the rim. Then, oops, butterfingers me, I hit "W" instead of "2" to safe the descent engine and deactivate all RCS. Pitched the vehicle right over into the crater. It rolled down the slope, but came to rest at the bottom with the legs still attached. Then I tried the cycle-the-landing-gear-whilst-flailing-away-with-RCS trick to right the craft. Success! Well, almost success. Through the course of the whole fiasco I managed to smash off all the solar panels. Thus began the planning for my first rescue mission...

My stupidest thing (so far) is deciding to travel long distances on Mun with the EVA pack. It works great when moving, but stopping is another matter. I managed to land Bob on his head soft enough not to kill him, but also with enough velocity that he didn't stop sliding for about 600m... up hill. When I tried to use the same method to get back to the ship, I kept overshooting/oversliding the landing site and eventually decided 'screw it, I'm walking!'

Good times. Poor Bob has been having lots of migraines recently though... Must be the space food.

One time I landed on the mun with a three kerbal capsule. I flew one kerbal into the poodle engine and he exploded. After that I sat there for a while wondering why I just killed a kerbal by ramming him into an engine. Then I casually flew back into space and eventually landed on Kerbin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.