O.A.S.I.S. Stardock and station systems [Update: New Terminus Core]

I have contemplated responding to this post with words. Then complements. Then furious anger towards myself for sucking at making stations. Then the feeling as if someone is watching me feel this way. I never have seen a station like this. The only word that comes to my mind is: Wow. Nothing more, nothing less. Wow.

Good Job.

• 5 months later...

A bit late to reply here, but thanks much for all the compliments! I will likely be revisiting this station soon in the new KSP version, however I am now using TAC LifeSupport and Biomass mods, so it will no longer be stock (and will feature greenhouses etc). Let me know if there's any interest in that!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

How do you mount them ? I tried decoupling them one by one but they wont dock/control right after that ... I also tried to dock fist then decouple and that still has the same issue .. when I take the boom parts off one by one it gets less stable to try to dock to the next part ... ? I guess I could build a craft just to mount them but ... I think I am missing something ?

Update 2013-06-21: NEW Terminus Station Core added

The Power Expansion booms are 100% self-contained for remote assembly and easy deployment, and triple power storage and output.

2013_06_02_00025.jpg

How do you mount them ? I tried decoupling them one by one but they wont dock/control right after that ... I also tried to dock fist then decouple and that still has the same issue .. when I take the boom parts off one by one it gets less stable to try to dock to the next part ... ? I guess I could build a craft just to mount them but ... I think I am missing something ?

It's been a while but IIRC...

Turn off SAS/ASAS and only use it temporarily as needed to stabilize. dismount a boom and switch to it, then click on the docking port on the end you want to attach to the station and 'control from here.' Use very short, precise firings of RCS and take your time, as you have a large moment of inertia and not much torque.

It's been a while but IIRC...

Turn off SAS/ASAS and only use it temporarily as needed to stabilize. dismount a boom and switch to it, then click on the docking port on the end you want to attach to the station and 'control from here.' Use very short, precise firings of RCS and take your time, as you have a large moment of inertia and not much torque.

Ahh kk my problem is I cant dock without MECHJEB :) I am getting better but I most the time run outa fuel. I have been aiming the port outward I want to dock to as in pointing away from the planet. The booms for me did not seem to move right but thats prob because I had SAS on or something. Thanks for the reply

Hey man.

Thanks a ton for sharing these. ive downloaded and tired out a few. Would be nice if i was actually good at docking, never the less, catching up to things in orbit. Once i do get better at it. Even so, they're amazing bases man. Thank again for sharing.

Ahh kk my problem is I cant dock without MECHJEB :) I am getting better but I most the time run outa fuel. I have been aiming the port outward I want to dock to as in pointing away from the planet. The booms for me did not seem to move right but thats prob because I had SAS on or something. Thanks for the reply

yeah there is very limited fuel for the deployment, but it should be more than enough if you turn off MJ/SAS and maneuver using only very short controlled bursts to dock. Get the main capsule close to where you want to set up, and take your time. You have virtually unlimited battery on those power masts so you have all the time in the world to line it up perfectly. They are a challenge to dock as they're not typical craft, and MJ won't do it well.

If you think that's hard though you hould have tried the original version where you had to attach a tiny RCS tug to the side and try and maneuver the whole heavy thing with thrust on only one end. (;

• 1 month later...
Can you please upload a save file with the space station in orbit? I made an account just to ask that :), thanks.

I'm really nooby at ksp so I can't assemble it at all.

I don't have any save files that are compatible with the current version of KSP, sorry.

Please see the tutorials in my signature for help with all the basics of launch and assembly you need for this kind of project.

I don't have any save files that are compatible with the current version of KSP, sorry.

Please see the tutorials in my signature for help with all the basics of launch and assembly you need for this kind of project.

Do you have a save for any version? Sorry if Im annoying, but its such a pain to build and I really wanna see the space station in action!

• 6 months later...

DUDE!!!! Incredible! And thanks for sharing your files with us! I downloaded all of them and plan to put this in orbit. I know im two years late on this game, but i am just happy i found it. You surely will inspire me to build even more, if i use your designs as a learning tool.

great job!

DUDE!!!! Incredible! And thanks for sharing your files with us! I downloaded all of them and plan to put this in orbit. I know im two years late on this game, but i am just happy i found it. You surely will inspire me to build even more, if i use your designs as a learning tool.

great job!

Thanks! Since these craft files were built many versions (and at least one aerodynamics update) ago, please feel free to let me know if they still work, or if you have trouble loading or orbiting them.

• 2 months later...
Thanks! Since these craft files were built many versions (and at least one aerodynamics update) ago, please feel free to let me know if they still work, or if you have trouble loading or orbiting them.

They are just harder to get into orbit now. But the parts havent changed otherwise. I usually have to load them with RCS to make them get up or hack gravity now...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.