Selecting Mechjab parts.

I added MechJeb to my KSP and it won't let me select the parts once I added them to the ship.

I can select them from the side, but when I snap them to the ship, I can no longer move the ship up and down. I'm using the 1.9.8 version of Mechjab and the 20.2.186 version of KSP.

Did we get an update? I swear my opening screen changed since last night. Might be getting old.

So I loaded MechJeb Pod 2.0 Kit from the load panel. I can't select it or move it up as I would a command module or a completed rocket.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

These symptoms seems identical to ones associated with trying to load .DAE models into 0.20.

If that is the case, and you really want those parts, you can convert them to .mu with unity, and they will work fine.

MechJeb .20 sucks. So I downloaded the .19 version at the store so I could get the .19 MechJeb.

MechJeb 2 is an unfinished beta, but still has a lot more powerful and reliable features than 1.7x. It just takes some getting used to the new interface.

I don't know of a good way to remove MJ 1.7 modules from KSP .20 ships, which is why I switched over to MJ2. I'd recommend doing the same.

I found out that while you can't delete the Mechjeb 1.0 part.... you can -thanks to 0.20- move/delete it by grabbing a part next to it with the grab-all button ( Shift+left mouse click "Select the entire ship" ).

Agreed it's not perfect when the Mechjeb part is only fixed to something huge, like a command pod of Hitchhikers can. But at least you can change the root node.

And most of the time it's fixed to something you can ditch and replace.

Edit : And don't talk badly of Mechjeb v2.0.8 ! It's over 9000 better than the precedent.

I found out that while you can't delete the Mechjeb 1.0 part.... you can -thanks to 0.20- move/delete it by grabbing a part next to it with the grab-all button ( Shift+left mouse click "Select the entire ship" ).

Agreed it's not perfect when the Mechjeb part is only fixed to something huge, like a command pod of Hitchhikers can. But at least you can change the root node.

And most of the time it's fixed to something you can ditch and replace.

Edit : And don't talk badly of Mechjeb v2.0.8 ! It's over 9000 better than the precedent.

yeah I have a habit of always putting MJ directly on the command pod. :| oops.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.