First REAL Mun landing (Story-ish)

What is your favorite planet, or its moons?  

1. 1. What is your favorite planet, or its moons?

(NOTE: This was not my first actual Mun encounter. See this thread.)

On Sunday, I was using the same spacecraft as last time to land, but with more skill.

As in, I now know to use Retrograde to kill vertical and horizontal velocity now. This helped me land.

I was trying to get into orbit, circular, but I realised that I would get a Mun encounter if I kept burning. So, I went with it, set a maneuver node, got the encounter, and went on my way.

I also forgot you have to burn at periapsis in order to get an orbit. So, my periapsis went away, and my trajectory went to the dark side of the Mun. This did not end well last time, so I kept burning and went to the day-side.

Here are pictures of that landing.

They made it back home safely, and are currently awaiting their next mission: TO MINMUS!!!!

Edited by spink00
not huge images

Nice shot of the sun over Kerbin.

Enjoy Minmus. Don't let your Kerbals bring spoons. The whole moon is made of mint ice cream.

Margaul the Magnificent, Slayer of the Elevator Boss, AKA Prince Ali, and the guy who always has his finger on the "talk" button.

image.php?ribbon=5731

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.