Don't Click This

NASI Director

3 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I have my key ready... just have to remember which one it is... :D

il_fullxfull.148207590.jpg

Even though I've only got a house key, a car key attachment point, and a USB stick on my keys, I still get them mixed up sometimes walking up to the door because it's really cold.

14 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Please keep this on topic or I'll have to lock it.

You can't. It's locked.

On 19.11.2017 at 11:25 PM, Dman979 said:
On 19.11.2017 at 10:47 PM, WinkAllKerb'' said:

how many time everyone in this thread been censored ? ... i do not even remind when i stopped counting ...

and as far as i appreciate such, deal with it ... whatever that may mean or not

i m one that mostly appreciate/notice "after"ward thing as they goes ... and rpolly do some mistake like any on the road

I can't tell you. It's classified, and locked.

SCP-16384 "Unlockable Unclicker"

Item #: SCP-16384

Object class: Euclid/Keter

Special Containment Procedures:
At least two officers of B-Class personnel should monitor the object in shifts under command of O5-category officer.
They must at least once per month invert the object state to keep it stable and relatively predictable.

At all costs the object should be isolated from SCP-005.
Under such circumstances any measures are considered as acceptable, any personnel is expendable.

Description:

SCP-16384-1 is an abstract place in the internet, usually located in a XXXXX.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.XXX forum close proximity.
It's titled "Don't Click This!", and uses this caption to attract biological objects.
Keeps already happened events frozen as a sequential "thread" of so-called "posts".

Its instantaneous state appears to be extremely uncertain and unstable.
It chaotically oscillates between two states: "locked" and "unlocked".

"Locked" state is relatively safe. It's the passive phase of the object existance.
Nothing happens when the object is in "locked" state.
In fact, if the object will ever "freeze" in this state, its Object Class could be changed to "Safe / Neutralized".

"Unlocked" state is the active phase.
The object is highly unpredictable in this state and presumably is extremely dangerous. The nature of the danger is unclear.
It is characterized by mass appearance of SCP-16384-2 objects which generate huge amount of random texts producing events (so-called "posts"), and this is the Object's main way to grow.

SCP-16384-2 is a virtual ephemeral quasi-personality of unknown nature.
A plenty of them appear around when the SCP-16384-1 object is in its "unlocked", active state.
They present as quasi-sapient beings and sometimes the texts which they produce look absolutely reasonable. But the impression is presumed to be false.
The closest analogy is a dreaming, when someone sees a flow of chaotic nonsense looking absolutely rational for his own perception.

Nobody really knows the physical nature of SCP-16384-2.
They can be: glints of real personality minds, souls lurking in eternity, self-organized compounds of information, or elementary faces of the SCP-16384-1 multidimensional body.
(The last version has the highest priority between the SCP-16384 researchers).

Addendum 1.
Currently three SCP Foundtation officers are known as the object overseers: VXXXXXXXE, DXXXXX9 and XXX XXXX XXXXX.

Edited by kerbiloid

It shall remain unlocked FOREVER!

22 hours ago, DAL59 said:

It didn't work...

How is this thread suddenly unlocked again???

Does quoting people circumvent thread locks?

I reported @Dman979s lock post, and it simply unlocked itself.