Don't Click This

NASI Director

Study to Determine the Status of Thread

By R. Squid.

Abstract: On numerous occasions, the thread "don't click this" has been locked. Many claim that it is currently locked, while others argue otherwise. This study hopes to use a foolproof method to determine if this thread is currently locked.

Methods: I will attempt to post a fake scientific study in this thread. If I succeed, it is not locked.

Conclusion: Pending Since p>0.05, we fail to reject the null hypothesis and must conclude that this thread is not locked.

Edited by RocketSquid
Entering results.

3 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Study to Determine the Status of Thread

By R. Squid.

Abstract: On numerous occasions, the thread "don't click this" has been locked. Many claim that it is currently locked, while others argue otherwise. This study hopes to use a foolproof method to determine if this thread is currently locked.

Methods: I will attempt to post a fake scientific study in this thread. If I succeed, it is not locked.

Conclusion: Pending Since p>0.05, we fail to reject the null hypothesis and must conclude that this thread is not locked.

Reject, you forgot the introduction, affiliated institute, and you did not define yor statistao nethod. 

I clicked on this thread to referee rocket squids work, he needs alot of review. 

3 minutes ago, PB666 said:

Reject, you forgot the introduction, affiliated institute, and you did not define yor statistao nethod. 

I clicked on this thread to referee rocket squids work, he needs alot of review. 

The introduction isn't there because you're viewing the free version. My affiliated institute is the Institute of Don't-list-us-on-studies. My statistical method is binary.

36 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

The introduction isn't there because you're viewing the free version. My affiliated institute is the Institute of Don't-list-us-on-studies. My statistical method is binary.

Reject, you failed to disclose why you clicked on the thread, binary isn't a method. 

Once again , i clicked for the same reason as my previous post. 

4 hours ago, PB666 said:

Reject, you failed to disclose why you clicked on the thread, binary isn't a method. 

Once again , i clicked for the same reason as my previous post. 

Why I clicked is not necessary information, and is written in the abstract. Also, "reject" would mean this thread is locked, and thus neither of us would have replied.

I did not say why I clicked because I was unaware of the merge.

Edited by RocketSquid

i would love to rebuff claims that this thread is not locked...but seeing as how the thread is locked i cannot do that. Can a moderator please unlock this thread briefly so i may properly put these unlocked believers in their place with cold hard facts? You can lock it back up after i get the last word.

Edited by EliasDanger

No no no. You got it backwards. THIS thread is locked. The threads that were merged into it were unlocked prior to the merge, but were locked when this one was locked. It must have been for efficiency. Why have two locked threads when you can simply merge them and lock em both at the same time.

Some maybe wondering why we are able to be here now, discussing the locking or unlocking of this thread if the thread is locked. There are two possibilities.

Possibilty 1. This thread is locked in a quantum superposition with another reality where this thread remains unlocked. We are in the real reality where this thread is locked, but somehow the quantum superposition entanglement effect lets us post here in a parallel dimension. i checked the box i left my cat in. Its dead, so that must mean my cat is alive in  this strange parallel universe. If anyone on the other side where this thread is unlocked sees my cat running around, please return him to my dimension.

Possibilty 2. This thread is not real. Therefore it can be locked for some of us and unlocked for others. If this is the case, it is impossible to really lock or unlock this thread without first realizing the truth....there is no thread. Its all in your head. 

Im hoping its number 1 cuz I want my cat back.

21 hours ago, EliasDanger said:

i would love to rebuff claims that this thread is not locked...but seeing as how the thread is locked i cannot do that. Can a moderator please unlock this thread briefly so i may properly put these unlocked believers in their place with cold hard facts? You can lock it back up after i get the last word.

You can't continue the discussion in a locked thread, that's why threads get locked. If mods just let us do that then there's no point to locked threads like this one.

2 minutes ago, PB666 said:

That would only be a half of a meow

I have to assume it would instead be a superposition of silence and a meow. But since this thread is locked, I can't share that opinion with you. Sorry? This comment is also a superposition of a comment and the absence of a comment, so you can only read it in certain realities where this thread is unlocked.