I found something...

Odo

Can we see a pic of your location?

If I remember the spot of that anomaly, it should be roughly at the equator, in a very large crater.

Uh Im not there anymore I left :/ Sorry for late response. Also I suck at coordinates so its very well I did it wrong. Can anyone show me how the coordinates work?

I could be wrong, but I think the only way to get coordinates is through one of four mods: Mechjeb, Hyperedit, ISA MapSat (you might like this one because it marks anomalies from orbit), and Kethane.

I could be wrong, but I think the only way to get coordinates is through one of four mods: Mechjeb, Hyperedit, ISA MapSat (you might like this one because it marks anomalies from orbit), and Kethane.

Oh. Ive got an unmodded game so I most likely wasnt looking at coords and something entirely different XD

facepalm

Ooo the Mapsat looks cool, gives a reason for satelites :) I hope it doesnt actually point out the Anomalies though? Itd be no fun if they were easy to find

So we meet again Odo...

If you can't find all the anomalies, I have a suggestion for finding Mun arches.

Have a low orbiting satellite (or station if your badass like me), 50 km should do, but my station is at 100km and it still is useful. Anything twinkling against the solid terrain is probably a Mun arch. :)

Edit: ISA mapsat points out the anomalies, I think. So if you don't want it to do that don't use it. I really wouldn't know if there's a button to disable it or anything, as I don't use it. If you want to coordinates just google the name of the easter egg. There'll be dozens of results.

Edited by Spaceisbeautifulul

So we meet again Odo...

If you can't find all the anomalies, I have a suggestion for finding Mun arches.

Have a low orbiting satellite (or station if your badass like me), 50 km should do, but my station is at 100km and it still is useful. Anything twinkling against the solid terrain is probably a Mun arch. :)

Edit: ISA mapsat points out the anomalies, I think. So if you don't want it to do that don't use it. I really wouldn't know if there's a button to disable it or anything, as I don't use it. If you want to coordinates just google the name of the easter egg. There'll be dozens of results.

Yeah Ive got a satellite orbiting like you said, Ive found 2 arches but cant find the third :/ However I think I saw something twinkling in a huge crater so that might be the apollo 11 thing. Ill check it out once I get another lander sent there, but for the time being Im working on my mun base :)

Ooo the Mapsat looks cool, gives a reason for satelites :) I hope it doesnt actually point out the Anomalies though? Itd be no fun if they were easy to find

It does point them out, but you can turn them off so you don't have to look at them.

That sounds familiar! And I still have the screenshot!

A few months ago, I wanted to put something in low munar orbit. So this probe orbits at roughly 3 kilos off the surface. Completely useless because no warp, but still funny. ALthough it does fly over the thing that Odo is looking for, so don't click if you want to find it yourself!

http://i.imgur.com/JsjW7p0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OJUunOy.jpg

It does point them out, but you can turn them off so you don't have to look at them.

That sounds familiar! And I still have the screenshot!

A few months ago, I wanted to put something in low munar orbit. So this probe orbits at roughly 3 kilos off the surface. Completely useless because no warp, but still funny. ALthough it does fly over the thing that Odo is looking for, so don't click if you want to find it yourself!

http://i.imgur.com/JsjW7p0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OJUunOy.jpg

I no click then lol

Also, while we are on thhe topic of the moon.. how come my mun has no rocks on it? Its all flat land with textures to simulate rocks. Everyone on youtube and such actually has 3d rocks.

Also, while we are on thhe topic of the moon.. how come my mun has no rocks on it? Its all flat land with textures to simulate rocks. Everyone on youtube and such actually has 3d rocks.

You have to enable ground scatter in the options from the main menu screen.

You have to enable ground scatter in the options from the main menu screen.

Oooh I thought I had an outdated game or something. Even though Ive got the newest version. :3 I assume this will increase lag?

Oooh I thought I had an outdated game or something. Even though Ive got the newest version. :3 I assume this will increase lag?

Honestly I can't give you an answer, because I've never had ground scatter turned off. If I had to guess I'd say it increases lag. After all, it is more objects to render and all.

Honestly I can't give you an answer, because I've never had ground scatter turned off. If I had to guess I'd say it increases lag. After all, it is more objects to render and all.

WEll Ive got a Mac and they are cruddy for gaming so I dont think Id want that turned on haha. Im considering getting that mapsat mod, it looks really cool and It gives a nice purpose for satellites

Hooray! I found the Neil Armstrong monument :D I didnt manage to get any pictures or anything because I actually crash landed onto it XD I ran out of fuel on my exploratory lander and I fell and exploded like 30 feet from it. Im having great luck with these easter eggs :) Next mission: Actually LAND next to the monument!

As I understand it there is actually a fourth arch now.

Without going into too many specifics there was a cave structure that is now an arch do to a change in surface elevation in version 0.20, but you will not find it on the Mun.

Without going into too many specifics there was a cave structure that is now an arch do to a change in surface elevation in version 0.20, but you will not find it on the Mun.

I'm still upset about that. I'll never visit the batcave now! ;_;

Awww no more batcaves? Also In the sad event of a weird glitch my whole Mun base was launched into Orbit of the Mun... so now I've got 7 kerbals, 2 rovers, and 4 unique landers all orbiting around the Mun. Time for a new world! Teehee. I never made a new world anyway for the new update, so Im probably missing out on brand new terrain and such. Oh well! Ill just copy all my ships saves. I havent achieved anything but landing on the Mun anyway.

So my plans for the new world are: Get the mapsat mod, put a satellite around the Mun and Kerban for communication on my Mun missions, get a lander on the Mun, then get a lander on minimus. Ive never gone anywhere but the Mun so that should be fun :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.