Sleigh Ride on Minmus

Just goes to show myself and maybe others. That not all moons you will need wheels. At leas this is true for Minmus so far.

0D7FBA137B404BB0240C47772FD6963035BF5E0C

810BE75104EBCFEA4FE65DE88CF5189CB7B2656B

Did try to use an Ion Drive. But, a single one does not give enough push. But, will put that one around Kerbin for December. =^.^=

Edit: Well since I have no idea on how long it takes to get accepted at the space port. I'll use my website to speed up the process. Just save target as or open the link then cut and past the text to a new text doc. Just did not feel like zipping it.

http://aragosnat.webs.com/Sleigh%20Ant.craft

http://aragosnat.webs.com/Sleigh%20Ion.craft

Edited by Aragosnat

Try putting this on Gilly. Will provide an interesting experience. Low gravity means low surface drag and friction (same thing, sort of), and maybe you can use an ion engine. If it's not flat enough, you can try Pol.

@Naten: Might try it when I get the chance to and I do have an Ion engine as that was my first attempt and was to lazy to remove the panels from the ant version. Thank all to those who tried it out. Wish the other site would accept my craft file. But, they just plain hate me for some reason...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.