[0.21] Simple Part Organizer (v0.250)

Mr Shifty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi folks. This take-over sort of came out of the blue for me, but I'll try to get something put together soon.

Some context... I downloaded 0.23 and found that TotalMass was not working. I hit Alt-F2 and saw it was generating a null exception. I can't live without this mod. MrShifty made one of the most useful mods for KSP that exists IMO. I've tried other part sorters and filters but this one is so simple, like the name says. It does exactly what I need (mostly the total mass sorting and filtering by mod maker) and nothing else. It does it with a simple UI. It's near perfect. And then 0.23 comes and breaks it!? I can't play 0.23 with my many mods and not have this, so I checked and there was the source. Awesome... but how the heck do I make a mod for KSP... hmmmmm. So I googled for an hour and found that I could use my Visual Studio I already had, and just point the DLLs it needed at some from my KSP install. Voila! I'm in business. I traced the problem to the fact 'kerbalEVA' and 'flag' appear to be parts in the list being sorted when you pick TotalMass. It in turn calls GetResourceMass() as it's sorting but I guess these two parts have null values for their partPrefab, so there're null exceptions for them. I removed the two parts from the list being sorted, and again voila the problem was fixed. TotalMass was once again working. I don't know if this was the ONLY issue, but so far it seems like this one change is working. I heard MrShifty was stepping down, so I emailed about it, and the next thing you know I am apparently now a mod author and taking over for this.

Hmmmm... ok.... well my day job is as a Lead Engineer for a virtual card game, so I will spend what time I can manage between work and actually playing KSP, and I'll definitely fix this bug for us. I don't know exactly how much I will be able to do in general though, plus it's the holidays. This is all an attempt to manage expectations for YOU guys. I'm saying... don't assume TOO much. However, that said, knowing me, I'll really get into this and revamp it with features I have wanted (like fixing the sort by size, or making it faster if I can find a spot where it's slow, and not KSP being slow) anyway.

Thanks for the mod MrShifty. I'll see what I can do with it now.

• 1 month later...

Felbourn ---> hello and congrats on take-over this great mod. I have found your playlist on YT first and it directed me to this thread :) On 1st viseo ( KSS-1: Zarya / Project Gateway / Kerbal Space Program 0.23 ) you said that have rearranged size of these window with mod list and it's not yet published by you. It was in december - so please tell me is this version in this 1st post of this thread newest which we see on yt video ?? fully 0.23 compatible ? I'm new KSP player and found your playlist is faaar better and pro than many other, aven moro "views" on YT players, so keep good working and tell me.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Well, it seems that after migrating to Curse this plgin no longer exists, so I decided to zip my plugin folder and make a mirror: here.

This version of the mod is deprecated. The updated mod and thread are located [thread=62466]here[/thread]. I'll ask a mod to lock this thread.

Edited by sjwt