[0.21] Simple Part Organizer (v0.250)

Mr Shifty

What mods ad those tabs next to the science tab? The jigsaw piece I know is from subassembly loader, but I can't seem to find it for 0.20. And what are those two other tabs?

Those are from an alpha version of BlackNecro's Part Catalog plug-in. Check it out here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/35018-1-0-PartCatalog-Create-Order-out-of-Chaos%21

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to make it so that it doesn't automatically close when your mouse is no longer hovering over the menu? Countless times I was about to click my selection and slightly moved my hand over and had to find it again. Not a huge deal just a little irritating. Maybe even have a checkbox in the top right of the menu that says "auto-close" or something for people that may still want it.

Either way awesome mod!

All of the KW Rocketry parts show up in size = 1 filter. Is there a tag I can add to their part files to make it filter properly?

The size filter is sort of broken. I was trying to sort by the average size of the attachment nodes on the parts. This works for stock parts, but mod builders follow no rules with size of attach nodes. Adding an external tag is actually a pretty good idea. I'll have to think about how to implement it.

Is there any way to make it so that it doesn't automatically close when your mouse is no longer hovering over the menu? Countless times I was about to click my selection and slightly moved my hand over and had to find it again. Not a huge deal just a little irritating. Maybe even have a checkbox in the top right of the menu that says "auto-close" or something for people that may still want it.

Either way awesome mod!

Yeah, I've found this somewhat annoying myself. I could do a MechJeb style, toggle open/close action. That's probably what I'll do to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Shifty, can you please give me some help? I like your mod and was looking at your code. You're working with the UI of the editor and not creating parts which is what I'm trying to do. I'd like to create a UI plug in. I know how to use Unity and how to code in C#, so how did you export the dll and how did you test your menus?

All the stuff I'm reading is on parts, and I'm looking to create menus.

I found this: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Creating_your_first_module

But how do you test it w/o being in KSP? And again, it's based around custom parts.

Thanks for any help. Feel free to pm me or post here. :)

Edited by Gary_P

cybutek recorded a series of very helpful Youtube videos that show exactly how to set up your KSP installation for testing and debugging. It's what I used. You can find them here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/34622-Plugin-Tutorials?p=434213

Just watched the first one. Thanks so much! This is going to help a lot.

Hmm. I'm using Part Catalog. How better is yours, and does it support small resolutions (like the lowest resolution allowed in the game)?

I do like how it almost has an "NEI from Minecraft" look.

Sometimes I have to click on the button 5 times to make it stay up. It seems it likes to flash, then immediately disappear. Also, it only seems to list about half of the mods I have in my GameData. Can you implement a scrollbar?

Other than those two gripes, great work!

Yeah, I've found this somewhat annoying myself. I could do a MechJeb style, toggle open/close action. That's probably what I'll do to fix it.

Any way to make it less clicks, and less mouse movement distance to do things as well? Profiles of preset filters I can configure ahead of time would be great as well! A move-able toolbar would be great too!

The less click the better ;) It's handy in some cases right now, but often if i know where a part is its generally faster than me trying to click through the menu.

Just fixing the disappearing window thing would be a great start though!

I also wanted to hop back in and say thank you Mr Shifty for the heads up. I created windows, buttons and all without a part!

I'm a GUI designer in work so I'm trying different things to see what the GUI can do. I assume everything Unity can so I'm working in that first.

• 2 weeks later...

Just confirming, the addon does appear to work in 0.21. I just tested sorting of stock parts, which works fine. I haven't installed any mod parts yet, but I feel confident they'll work alright.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that gives me trouble is the difference between type filters (selected part type(s?) shown) and mod filters (selected mods hidden). I'm sure it's partly still getting used to the interface, but every time I want to use one of the filters, I have to try to remember which way that particular menu was set up. Well, that and the rather aggressive auto-hiding (if you can't get a toggle to work, maybe it would be easier to implement a delay to allow the mouse to get back on top of the menu?), but it sounds like you're already aware of the second.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap. You, sir, get the Awesome Kerbal award for making my life a ton easier. Maybe now I can finally (re)install NovaPunch. :) Also, there used to be a part search bar thing back in 0.18 or 0.19 I think? Not sure what ever happened to it, but a bit of searching might turn up an easy way to do name search if the code is available.

Hi all, (My first post to the forum)

Great mod, just installed it yesterday, works fine, pressed a few buttons to test it out. When I tried the Ladder filter only the telescopic ladders appeared.

I changed the ending on the stock ladder1 part.cfg file thus:- adding the part from MODULE,

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 0.005

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.2

minimum_drag = 0.2

angularDrag = 1

crashTolerance = 8

maxTemp = 3200

MODULE

{

name = RetractableLadder

}

}

I know its not a retractable ladder, but its what your mod required to find the filter 'Ladder' and add it to the list, without making any alteration to your own mod.

Tested it out and seems to work fine, (make sure to back up the original cfg file before editing) and hope this may be of use. comments welcome.