RocktCo Industries Orbital Parts Set + Sneak peek of new set on page 2! WIP 4!

Deusoverkill

beautifull parts. I really gotta step up my modelling.

The parachute only has 2 modes - non-deployed, and totally deployed. Even if it\'s above 10km height and non-functioning, it shows its deployed animation. Is that intended?

the parachute...well i couldnt fix that, its a problem related to the .DAE exporter im using, unfortunately i couldnt find a way around this problem, even with other export plugs; anyway lets just say ITS OFFICIALLY INTENDED. 8)

Thanks for your comment anyway feanor.

Thanks so much Brigs! i really apreciate all the comments and suport. :)

as for now, i give ya an sneakpeak of the new set im working on, based on a real one this time.

still needs a lot of working, detailing, and texturing; but its taking shape. hope ya like em.

upcoming in a week o two. Cheers!

wip 1:

soyuzwip001.jpg

wip 2: update on the model

soyuzwip002.jpg

wip 3: engines + cargo hold

soyuzwip003.jpg

wip 4: update on Kliper

soyuzwip004.jpg

My only complaint, the textures really don\'t fit with KSP. Waaay to grungey with too many contrasting colors. KSP has a fairly simple palette, tinted greys for the most part with yellow on hazard stripes and small amounts of other colors on engine piping and stuff.

yeah you`re right, i tend to use more oranges, blues and overall high contrast in my textures... but this is cause they are not real world rocket parts; and i may be wrong, but i see a colorfull game (the editor, icons, and the environment, they are all colorfull or at least, thats the way i see em), and thats what i try to match and try to make better in my parts. but yeah, the colors may be too shinny and contrasty.

anyway im aware that real parts are way less colorfull, and this new set im working will be as acurate as i can be in colors and texture.

Thanks for the headsup comment Nova, really apreciated man. :thumbup:

Feanor: well... this is the stage set i plan to use, as far as i researched its correct. all liquid, with RD-108 cluster with verniers or a single RD_120K in first and second (to save modeling =P ) and an RD-0146E in third. right?

i splited the second stage in two tanks, to re-use the top one in the third stage, and save texture size. i think its more practical.

thanks for your comment!

stageset.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.