RocktCo Industries Orbital Parts Set + Sneak peek of new set on page 2! WIP 4!

Deusoverkill

The updates on page 2 are looking good. Any ETA at this point?

well. i always take my time in the texturing process, and i want this one to looks and works awesome; and its a bunch of parts involved that require some testing and stuff, even a lunar lander, that i havent yet modeled; and i want this release to come with everything working for v12 so... i would say: sometime around the week of november 13 to 20 in the worst case.

will worth the long wait ;)

Alephzorg, MC3craze,Red: thanks so much for the support!, i just finished all the modeling part, there is gonna be a lot of parts in this new pack to choose from; like cargo holds, a bunch of decouplers, gimbal engines , tanks, advSAS, a kliper, and a new mun lander with special parts that i just finished modeling.

Cheers!

^^ Neither. The lander sounds fun, but I\'m REALLY looking forward to re entry with the kliper.

Hey Deus, question RE: balancing. How are you balancing your engine and fuel tanks, are you using the 1:11 kerbal : RL ratio or blancing against stock parts? I\'m going to love your Soyuz either way, just mildly interested.

Alephzorg, MC3craze,Red: thanks so much for the support!, i just finished all the modeling part, there is gonna be a lot of parts in this new pack to choose from; like cargo holds, a bunch of decouplers, gimbal engines , tanks, advSAS, a kliper, and a new mun lander with special parts that i just finished modeling.

Cheers!

Any chance of an ETA on the release?

balancing. How are you balancing your engine and fuel tanks, are you using the 1:11 kerbal : RL ratio or blancing against stock parts?

Derhp, well im still testing some stuff, but what i found so far is that the gimbal engines, with maxthrust and high weight make the entire rocket to vibrate and bend so hard, so maybe the best way is to scale down all the values (like to 10%), cause i want to keep them into proportion against the stock parts (not over or under powered); that way i think it will 'feel' right and without strange movement issues; i still have to test all the parts together and see how they work, but i would love to have some advice in this matter. if there is something i miss about your question please tell me =)

update: i was testing the engines with a big gimbal value and that was the source of the problem. set the gimbaling to 1, and everything is working properly, i guess i will not need downscaling the values after all =)

Red, november 20 if everything goes well.

Are you going to redo the textures to be a bit cleaner?

Nova, in this pack i want to use a very 'realistic' palette in terms of colors, to match the real soyuz as close as i can, and it will not include the already released 'RocktCo orbital parts set', cause there will be plenity of parts maded specialy for this release, and the 'RocktCo orbital parts set' dont match with this new release in terms of colors or design. the only thing i may be using is the parachute.

Sirscott, yourmom, Thank you all for your comments and support!

balancing. How are you balancing your engine and fuel tanks, are you using the 1:11 kerbal : RL ratio or blancing against stock parts?

Derhp, well im still testing some stuff, but what i found so far is that the gimbal engines, with maxthrust and high weight make the entire rocket to vibrate and bend so hard, so maybe the best way is to scale down all the values (like to 10%), cause i want to keep them into proportion against the stock parts (not over or under powered); that way i think it will 'feel' right and without strange movement issues; i still have to test all the parts together and see how they work, but i would love to have some advice in this matter. if there is something i miss about your question please tell me =)

Red, november 20 if everything goes well.

Are you going to redo the textures to be a bit cleaner?

Nova, in this pack i want to use a very 'realistic' palette in terms of colors, to match the real soyuz as close as i can, and it will not include the already released 'RocktCo orbital parts set', cause there will be plenity of parts maded specialy for this release, and the 'RocktCo orbital parts set' dont match with this new release in terms of colors or design. the only thing i may be using is the parachute.

Sirscott, yourmom, Thank you all for your comments and support!

All right. I just think the RocktCo original parts clash a lot with the base game, but that\'s just me...

The soyuz should be great!

it took a bit more time than expected and the cliper is not yet finished (since we dont have a docking system ingame yet, its a bit dull to play), but, intead of it we have a new lunar lander with all its parts and fully functional; the only thing is that we downscaled all the part values to 10% to make the entire ship more stable, but sadly, uncompatible with the rest of the standard vanilla parts. it will be released tomorrow night. that said heres a pic. enjoy :)

intelphoto.jpg

Wow, those parts sure are detailed. I just hope the textures are optimised size-wise. I don\'t remember exacly but I think that one texture from that orbital parts pack of yours was about three times bigger than my whole soyuz pack. Don\'t you think that\'s a little overkill?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.