"You know you messed it up when..." thread

Pachi3080

You know you messed it up when you realize that you never put the engines and the launch clamps in the same stage.

Arrghh... Yes. I do this WAY too often. I either hit launch and the engines are burning like crazy and the clamps are holding the rocket down or the the other way around and the clamps let go and don't fire the engines. I usually laugh at that last one because usually you get lots of explosions and then when it all clears, there is the capsule sitting forlornly in the middle of the launch pad with the Kerbals looking gobsmacked and then going ...

"WHAT DA FUNK HAPPENED MISSION CONTROL?"

"Oops, sorry Kerbal 1, someone forgot to light the fuse"

Arrghh... Yes. I do this WAY too often. I either hit launch and the engines are burning like crazy and the clamps are holding the rocket down or the the other way around and the clamps let go and don't fire the engines. I usually laugh at that last one because usually you get lots of explosions and then when it all clears, there is the capsule sitting forlornly in the middle of the launch pad with the Kerbals looking gobsmacked and then going ...

"WHAT DA FUNK HAPPENED MISSION CONTROL?"

"Oops, sorry Kerbal 1, someone forgot to light the fuse"

Indeed, it is epic though when you still manage to get into an orbit in one(ish) piece.

You know you messed it up when you pointed the rocket in the incorrect direction.

You know you've messed it up when the engine falls off your fuel tank for no reason before launch.

You know you have messed up when the engines fall off when you stage... that's another one that I have had happen a lot... especially with landers.

When you realise you forgot to place batteries or RTGs on your probe-controlled ship...just before it plunged into Kerbin's shadow.

Thank God it's not just me- that did that multiple times lol

You come up with an ingenious system to dock your mun rover to your mun base, and, upon trying it out, this happens:

pyeaIuA.png

rLVv0nK.png

kilasMD.png

NewE6C1.png

Nhlqr5i.png

zIlc630.png

NaJ7LgK.png

Does anyone know why this happened? I think it's something to do with the magnetism physics on the docking clamps, but I don't know how that can supply enough force to fling a Mk1 command pod 500m across the mun. On the up side, it could have been worse. Somehow.

When you make and get an elaborate Duna colony ship, that holds up to 25 kerbals (works better with 13, 12 colonists + 1 pilot) in it, to Duna that uses a drop pod system with 6 pods dropping at once and only then realizing that if your not controlling the ship when it enters atmosphere, the ship auto deletes.

When your over abundance of fins and RCS can't compensate for the rotation induced by your first stage boosters despite them all being perfectly aligned and the only thing keeping your rocket from tearing itself apart is your over abundance of space tape.

when you have two command pods/probe cores connected opposite of each other and instead of burning pro grade you burn retro

Done that before. In fact did it so bad, I didn't notice until I got a Kerbin escape while orbiting the Mun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.