"You know you messed it up when..." thread

Pachi3080

Near the end of your 10 minute Dres orbital burn you notice your Kethane miner landers have no Kethane tanks. Better you notice the same thing after landing on the Mun.

During your Mun insertion burn you notice your landers have no RCS thrusters. Plenty of RCS fuel, but no thrusters.

When you have no control suddenly after finally getting to orbit...

A staging mishap! :( :( :(

This was after trying for three hours to get it into orbit...

God I hate that... All because of a broken connection between stages. I equally hate it when you cut the engines... and they continue to burn because of this problem.

You know you've messed up when you go to dock your space station parts, but time warp it too far, and by sheer luck of the draw, smash the two parts into one another.

Then spend the next five minutes wondering what happened while you were in the restroom, letting this goof up happen.

When you flew all the way to Jool and hit the F9-button to quicksave and then suddenly find yourself on the launchpad again ...

I did something like this before, while descending to Mun in a botched landing attempt :D pressed and held F9 to quickload and I found myself sitting in the launchpad again.

You know you messed it up, when you finally, after one hour, are 20 centimeters from your half-built stations Sr. Docking Port with your asymmetrical ship, which only features a Mainsail and no RCS, ready to dock, and realize, that you put the Sr. Docking Port of the station the wrong way around.

Seriously, why do both ends look so similar? :mad:

I started a new save after that one...

When you are reentering and realize that you forgot parachutes and only have a pair of nuclear engines...

God I hate that... All because of a broken connection between stages. I equally hate it when you cut the engines... and they continue to burn because of this problem.

I wish they had kept burning....

I just needed 20,000m to get into orbit :(

I did relaunch it with the fix, and have got a 393t ship into orbit

It has just over 4 orange tanks (11520 L) spare fuel in the launch stage (which is 108t)

The final ship after using up what is left in the launch stage is 285t, including 20160 L of fuel and 5250 L of RCS...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.