"You know you messed it up when..." thread

Pachi3080

When you realize you forgot to extend the solar panels on the probe. (also happens to me a lot)

This particular problem has scrubbed so many missions of mine, I now have a rule that AS SOON as I add a probe body, I attach 3 of the OX-STAT panels to it, as an emergency backup. That's saved tons of my missions, although not all, as sometimes you end up in the shadow of a planetary body on an intercept course with the dirt ><

When you realize you derped and read your orbit the wrong way around, so that after your retrograde burn you aren't headed for the designated landing spot on the day side of the mun, but your rover delivery system instead smashes itself to bits on some mountain on the dark side, because you also forgot about landing lights.

Three days with no sleep docking module after module to your beautiful new space station, then in your sleep deprived state hitting "End flight"

If you don't regularly quicksave, you can still alt-f4 out of the game then restart it, it'll reload to the last autosave

When you forgot to open your solar panels on your probe before going into warp. (This has happened to me like 5 times now and I rage every time it happens XD)

Yes, I know that people have already posted something similar to this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.