How do I slow down the game clock?

I've seen/heard this can be done in several videos I've watched, most notable Scott Manley's videos, as a way to reduce lag during takeoff when the rocket is at it's laggiest. He used some addon or mod to slow the game clock down to 1/4th or 1/8th time and then everything worked, albeit slowly.

Lately I've been trying to build entire large bases and launch them to the stars, but with the lag they generate, there's no way.

Thanks in advance!

In the gameplay settings there's a slider to slow down the clock quite a bit if the game starts lagging a lot, something like max physics delta time... Or something, you'll find it. It's not a mod or plugin but it does work quite well, just horrifically slowly. I just prefer to have the lag. :D

One would think you could go back and edit the prefix, but apparently you can't.

OP did say that they didn't know how to... To change it just click the edit button on the original post and then click "Go Advanced". From there you'll be able to change the prefix and title among other things...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.