[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

I'm not sure how the current release handles 23.5 but my dev branch needed some single line fixes to put the new engines in the engine category.

I'm in the process of polishing that one up and if that goes well you might be able to have some fun with a bigger set of new features soonish

I only recently figured out why I only got one of the subcategories when clicking on a mod icon, I was clicking on the top half, while The bottom half of the button gives you all the parts in that mod. I didnt see this documented anywhere and was very problematic for me with the tool bar on the bottom of the screen.

Did you add support so that we can directly buy a part in the research lab by simply clicking in it on the VAB/SPH menu? that feature will help a lot, specially people with lower system performance, as for some reason, the research screen lags a lot, which greatly increases frustration when you are looking to buy a specific part from a node.

Did you add support so that we can directly buy a part in the research lab by simply clicking in it on the VAB/SPH menu? that feature will help a lot, specially people with lower system performance, as for some reason, the research screen lags a lot, which greatly increases frustration when you are looking to buy a specific part from a node.

That sadly is not possible, atleast not if I want to stay within the rules of this forum. I released a small helper plugin on the KSP Thread at facepunch that unlocks all parts in researched nodes, which might help you with your problem.

I only recently figured out why I only got one of the subcategories when clicking on a mod icon, I was clicking on the top half, while The bottom half of the button gives you all the parts in that mod. I didnt see this documented anywhere and was very problematic for me with the tool bar on the bottom of the screen.

That's a very strange behaviour and shouldn't happen at all, please notify me if that persists.

And now for the magic, I finally reached a point at which I can bring out a small preview / release candidate for the upcoming 3.0 update.

This brings quite a broad set of new features including:

-Dynamically assigned categories using lua scripts (easily expandable to cover special mods and the like, I provided a few examples mods to give you an idea)

-New set of category icons provided by toerti

-Automatic creation of abbreviation for mod tags without icon

-Search support (Quick open it using ctrl + space)

-Closing of menus (search, tag editor) using escape

-Properly catching mouseclicks to not trigger changes in your ship when clicking your part menu

-Excluding parts by right clicking tags

-Modifier key support when selecting tags (hold ctrl to multiselect, shift for ranges, alt to toggle all siblings as well)

-Notification that tags are outdated when you install new parts with the option of updating your tags

-Probably a bunch of other new features which I forgot to list

So if you are interested, please have a try:

Download 3.0 RC1

I'll probably spend tomorrow writing up some fresh documentation, so if you have any questions please either post em or contact me on the modders IRC as that will help me out documenting this beast.

But for now, good night!

Edited by BlackNecro

And now for the magic, I finally reached a point at which I can bring out a small preview / release candidate for the upcoming 3.0 update.

This brings quite a broad set of new features including:

-Dynamically assigned categories using lua scripts (easily expandable to cover special mods and the like, I provided a few examples mods to give you an idea)

-New set of category icons provided by toerti

-Automatic creation of abbreviation for mod tags without icon

-Search support (Quick open it using ctrl + space)

-Closing of menus (search, tag editor) using escape

-Properly catching mouseclicks to not trigger changes in your ship when clicking your part menu

-Excluding parts by right clicking tags

-Modifier key support when selecting tags (hold ctrl to multiselect, shift for ranges, alt to toggle all siblings as well)

-Notification that tags are outdated when you install new parts with the option of updating your tags

-Probably a bunch of other new features which I forgot to list

So if you are interested, please have a try:

Download 3.0 RC1

I'll probably spend tomorrow writing up some fresh documentation, so if you have any questions please either post em or contact me on the modders IRC as that will help me out documenting this beast.

But for now, good night!

It looks great, I'm going to try it out.

I love you man, really.

by the way, i will add once again suggestion i made before.

Buttons for browsing trough subpages of categories lists.

Right now we can only browce using mousewheel.

Its sometimes confusing for new users.

edit:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

guis are still transparent ;_;

Edited by kiwiak

I really like the additions in 3.0 RC but it's visually pretty weird looking, the part count bottom left is green, the short 3 letter text is green, the icons for each type inside a pack are red with a yellow outline and has dark green text next to it an a scroll-bar even if it isn't needed (can it ever be needed?) a lot of pretty random high saturation colors for no good reason it would seem, looks pretty weird.

Nice! Just a few problems so far:

Tabs continue to appear after set to "Visibility: None".

Delay before opening submenu setting is awesome! However, it is not persistent. It would also be nice if it could be set a bit higher, like maybe up to 300?

When you create a new tab, it has no subgroups, and when you hover over said tab, a weird, expanding box glitch happens, continuously getting wider the longer you hover over it.

Besides that, it's looking really nice, thanks!

I like the new version, very glad it is being advanced in so many ways.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I liked using the mousewheel unmodified to scroll the part pages, even if it meant the camera would pan down - it was intuitive, and I could put my elbow on the desk. I like how the buttons give you an abbreviation, but the High Contrast Green is quite striking.

Edited by Read have Read

That sadly is not possible, atleast not if I want to stay within the rules of this forum. I released a small helper plugin on the KSP Thread at facepunch that unlocks all parts in researched nodes, which might help you with your problem.

Is linking to the post on facepunch against the rules too?

Some first impression from 3.0RC1.

As Arrowmaster already said: Massive file and directory name capitalisation problems. (PartCatalog vs. partcatalog SomeAddon_On vs. SomeAddon_on are the ones I noticed immediately).

I can't page the parts list via mouse wheel any more, this was a no-go for me and the main reason I went back to the stable version.

Some parts were put in an "Error" category. The same parts also ended up in "Uncategorized". Unfortunately I didn't investigate further. (I believe one was the Argon container from NFPP).

Doesn't seem to honour the "Small Addons" setting. I set it to 6, but there were several tabs with less than 6 parts in it.

Minor 2.4 bug report: For some reason the autotagger seems to miss a few parts. For the augers from ELPads only the tiny auger ends up in the EL category the other two are missing. They can be found under "All", but not in any autogenerated category.

I like the new version, very glad it is being advanced in so many ways.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I liked using the mousewheel unmodified to scroll the part pages, even if it meant the camera would pan down - it was intuitive, and I could put my elbow on the desk. I like how the buttons give you an abbreviation, but the High Contrast Green is quite striking.

same here, green hurts my eyes.

and i woudl rather have old one scrolling with just mouse back.

but is scrolling this mod issue or ksp as whole issue? were we even able to scroll trough parts with stock ksp in 0.23 or partcatalog added this feature before? i used it as far as i remember so i dont even know.

edit: it seems that its partcatalog feature

pls fix it to srolling with just mouse wheel.

Edited by kiwiak

Just finished polishing RC2

Grab it here

Changes since RC1:

-Fixed GUI transparency for sure

-Part list scrolling works without ctrl key again and for added bonus it locks the camera aswell!

-Fixed tag visibility (SPH/VAB)

-Fixed mouse over delays not persisting (also the mouse over now opens up when you click one of the top level tags)

-Fixed empty tag glitches

-Small mod category is back

-More eye friendly color scheme

-Hopefully fixed file paths for case sensitive file systems

Edited by BlackNecro

It means "Release Candidate" - that is to say, if everything is working properly and no bugs or issues are reported, it will become the released version.

OK, I just loaded up the new version and I have to say it looks GORGEOUS! And it's nice to be able to filter by size as well. A very worthwhile update to a must-have plugin.

Edited by HeadHunter67

I don't get one thing... I was using an older version, where you could select mods from 11 to 20 by holding shift, but in this version 'shift+number' opens ALL mods from previously opened to '10+number' one. How can I open, for example, only twelfth or forteenth mod?

I don't get one thing... I was using an older version, where you could select mods from 11 to 20 by holding shift, but in this version 'shift+number' opens ALL mods from previously opened to '10+number' one. How can I open, for example, only twelfth or forteenth mod?

ctrl

10 chars.

Great Mod. Thanks for all your work.

2.41 works well.

3.0 RC2 shows only the Subassemblies tab. In the GUI layout setup I can move the toolbar left, right and bottom but no config button position is visible.

Clicking on "config button position" buttons has no effect and then the GUI layout screen freezes.

Clean install of KSP 0.23.5

Windows 7 64-bit

1920x1080

EDIT: JSGME folder architecture error on my part. Fixed

Edited by epower
Fixed issue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.