[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

First thing first, thanks for a great mod. Completely mandatory after... well, after you've tried it. Good job.

And my question - is there a possibility to have categories (tags) hidden by default? It's probably answered somewhere in the thread but I wasn't able to find it :/ It would be quite useful if you have multiple specialized categories.

So when installing this mod, I load the game as normal, but upon entering the VAB/SPH, the game freezes. The last thing that is seen is an empty VAB, and it seems like the the parts in the part tabs have been duplicated. Two command pods/probes are inhabiting the same space in the parts tab. Once again, the game becomes nonresponsive upon loading the VAB/SPH. Any help?

Moin,

thx alot for this awesome mod! I was so happy to be able to use it again... unfortunately it does not work for me. When i install your mod in a vanilla game it works fine using 64bit win. As soon as I installed my part mods its not working anymore. The game is crashing while loading or while entering the vab. As soon as I remove the KSPLua file only, i have no more issues but unfortunately also no more part catalogue.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Greetings from Bielefeld

Would it be possible to a) add a "name/title" filter to the settings window? If, for example, I want to add the various cockpits from Firespitter to my new Firespitter/Pods-Tag, it would be very helpful if I could just search for FS1OC to get the inline fighter cockpit.

In addition, B), the same search field added to the parts list (stock UI) would be great. I wouldn't need something like Quartermaster + bigger (and better) PartsCatalog to have the ultimative part-finding-machine :D

Even if b is not up the alley of PC, a would definitely help adding parts to the catalog.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it's been posted, but if you get a CTD with RC7 when auto-tagging new parts, navigate to GameData\PartCatalog\Plugins\PluginData\PartCatalog and delete catalog.txt, lastParts.txt, & config.xml. Seems to be necessary to do that if you add new parts after you've auto-tagged (like when installing a new mod, updating a mod, or certain MM configs) and possibly when you change save games or start a new save and you've never tagged before. I've had the CTD from those scenarios and deleting the files fixed em.

Config.xml might not be necessary -- Needs actual testing, ie, not deleting it when a CTD occurs. I use the default settings so someone with a customized setup would need to test.

Last night I noticed it was having issues and crashed when trying to tag some TAC-LS (I think...) tanks which were already tagged when I was loading up an alternate save game to test a MM config I made tweaking the SciFi Borg Cube (didn't add any parts, just some modules to the Cube). That's when I deleted those 3 files and it auto-tagged everything correctly in my alternate save. My main loaded up just fine afterwards...oddly enough. Makes me think alternate saves may be affected (not sure if any info is stored in the save file or if it's all in the PartCagalog folder so it's just speculation at this point).

I also noticed this morning when I installed SciFi 2.0 that it had a CTD when the "new parts haven't been tagged" prompt came up; so I deleted those 3 files and it then auto-tagged just fine. It's the reasoning why I think new parts being added causes the CTD. Sometimes the game will load up just fine after the "new part CTD", but I've also noticed parts missing and random CTD when picking parts...again, fixed after deletion and a rescan.

So if you have auto-tagging CTD's, delete those 3 files, auto-tag again, and carry on about your business. It works for me with Windows x64.

KSPLua keeps crashing my game :(

Failed to load assembly F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSPLua\KopiLua.dll:
System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly F:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSPLua\KopiLua.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!
Allows launching of external processes.

at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Is there any remedy for this?

I'm using 64 bit.

Thanks in advance either way, if you could or couldn't do anything I still appreciate you reading this post.

@ Skeevy: I can confirm this. I have the same problem. My workaraound for this is to launch the x86 version first when I have installed new add-ons, then autotag. Exit and launch x64 and everything is smooth sailing :-)

@ Riverey: Nice, thank you :-)

@ Skeevy: I can confirm this. I have the same problem. My workaraound for this is to launch the x86 version first when I have installed new add-ons, then autotag. Exit and launch x64 and everything is smooth sailing :-)

@ Riverey: Nice, thank you :-)

Another, much easier, way is to click on cancel when it pops up, go to the Autotag settings, then control+click the autotag all parts box -- control+click does a reset of the parts catalog before it tags and does work on Win x64. Now you don't have to do the hacky delete these files or use 32bit version just to tag new parts.

After I installed this mod, I can't turn my camera right (or left, depending of the settings) so well when building. I right click and move my mouse left, over the part catalog to the left corner of the screen and keep moving the mouse, but the camera turns only a little. If I do the same, but move my mouse to the right, the camera turns as long as I move my mouse as it should.

Otherwise this is pretty essential mod. Very helpful.

Edited by Las-pen

otoduran,

First, I've found that most module managers (KSP ModAdmin included) just indiscriminately add mods. So, if you install mods that have more than one version of a dependency you end-up with a problem. ModuleManager is notorious in this regard. Not that it is MM's fault or doing (or any other .dll). It's just that many modders, unless it's absolutely necessary, won't update there download just because MM (or any other dependency) has updated.

Check to see if you have multiple copies of any .dlls. Just do a search of your GameData for *.dll, sort by name and scan your list for dupes.

Personally, I've lost any hope of a modmanager doing installs as good as doing it yourself. Besides, if you look inside a mods folders before you copy you'll learn a lot about what is going on and when to/not to move a file.

Second, I believe you are having the same difficulty I am experiencing. (I came to report it and found your post.) KSP loads; everything is fine. Enter VAB, CPU fan runs up and Ptttttttt. CTD. Look in your KSP.log file. I'll bet dollars to donuts you'll find that the three dozen or so lines read:

[WRN 23:50:31.634] The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

The three line(s) before that spam read:

[LOG 23:50:07.558] ****Finished Loading Parts****

[ERR 23:50:14.969] Could not find part in index: dummyPartIgnore

[ERR 23:50:23.930] Could not find part in index: dummyPartIgnore

Something about PartCatalog does not like TweakScales dummy config.

Unfortunately, you have to either remove TweakScale or PartCatalog for all to be well.

BlackNecro,

Is there a way to prevent PartCatalog from cataloging specific .cfgs? I could swear this was working in RC6. I will investigate further and let you know.

EDIT:

Confirmed. RC6 works fine. You still get the same spam in the KSP.log file but RC6 won't CTD.

Try to 'research' the part first through the science tree, it's probably a newly added part, but it's not yet activated in the science tree (there will be a number above the particular group in which the part should be researched). Then re-index the Part Catalog and it will give you the part and no more error.

Greeting,

Gesture

Try to 'research' the part first through the science tree, it's probably a newly added part, but it's not yet activated in the science tree (there will be a number above the particular group in which the part should be researched). Then re-index the Part Catalog and it will give you the part and no more error.

Greeting,

Gesture

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/78067-0-23-5-Research-Them-All-1-1-(April-30)

This mod helps tremendously with doing the part researching.

Where do I put the KSPLua and PartCatalog folders, both in GameData?

Yes

Well, but now it doesn't work on .24.2!

Is the old version still available?

Not everybody is immediately switching to a new version, because many needed mods take time to adapt.

So, it is always friendly to keep the last version available

thank you

EDIT:

Ha, found it! ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11467249/PartCatalog/PartCatalog3.0_RC7.zip

Edited by rainerd66

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.