[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

Anybody wanna do some icons for Near Future Technologies?

There are 5 packs:

Near Future Propulsion

Near Future Electrical

Near Future Solar

Near Future Construction

Near Future Spacecraft

Also would love one for Stockalike Station Parts Expansion.

Thanks in advance!

Ohh almost forgot :) made some for:

Mission Controller Extended/2: lHZsEMu.pngHSvntWd.png

Zero Point Inline Faring: CT0WJtb.pngbrAbxqo.png

Modular Rocket System: j7DOo3y.pngttX9kY1.png

I just lack the experience to do the cool edges (help plz)

I just lack the experience to do the cool edges (help plz)

There's a blank button template in GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/PluginData/Partcatalog. You should be able to take your images and layer it over the template.

I will second the request for icons for Nertea's mods, I use all of them.

A few other icon-based notes for BlackNecro: The icons for Procedural Fairings are included in this mod by default, but they still use the name "Keramzit". e-dog changed the name of the folder to Procedural Fairings at some point, and the icon names need to be changed to match in order to work properly. Also, given that the NASAmission folder is stock, you might want to include an icon set for it. There are several icons available from people in this thread, such as this one or this one (my personal favorites).

You can use pretty much any image editing software. Paint surely works.

Just take sure too keep it 37x26px.

Use zoom and you'll be able to edit every single pixel the way you want, literally.

EDIT: Oh for layers you say... well, you could get GIMP if you want to do anything that's a bit more advanced.

Edited by slumpie

The part catalog tabs seem to have disappeared from my screen. Is there a toggle key? Perhaps I hit it by mistake.

Hi there,

I got the exact same issue right now in my game.

Here's my output log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhrthrmv9dxhio2/output_log_part_catalog.7z?dl=0

Hope this will help you, notice it disappeared after unlocking new tech. Which freeze slightly my screen on opengl mode, i don't know why...

Look at the bottom right of the screen... The icons are stuck there and do nothing... Curious:

um2KycA.png

EDIT : Issue is the page number... it shows an empty icon page... I understood that. This do not explain the change of position of the icon. I had to reset through position settings to the top left. Seems it had an issue with the configuration.

Edited by FrancoisH

Thanks Francois, that's it exactly. I have mine displayed vertically alongside the parts. I noticed that the search and settings icons are still there and still work. But no parts tabs are displayed. I also noticed something I can see on your screenshot. A little '2' just above the 'show center of mass button'.

Win 32 KSP. Part Catalog 3.0 RC 8. Large Mod load out....

BlackNecro if you can't reproduce this let me know and I'll help you narrow it down. I used to do testing for a living.

After I installed this mod, I can't turn my camera right (or left, depending of the settings) so well when building. I right click and move my mouse left, over the part catalog to the left corner of the screen and keep moving the mouse, but the camera turns only a little. If I do the same, but move my mouse to the right, the camera turns as long as I move my mouse as it should.

Otherwise this is pretty essential mod. Very helpful.

This is still a problem. It is really irritating.

The mod seems to disable camera controls when cursor is over part catalog

Edited by Las-pen
More info

Hi there,

I got the exact same issue right now in my game.

EDIT : Issue is the page number... it shows an empty icon page... I understood that. This do not explain the change of position of the icon. I had to reset through position settings to the top left. Seems it had an issue with the configuration.

When I install this in 25, everything disappears. No icons, no tabs, nothing. Worked in 24.2 but not in 25. I feel like I am missing something...

I just found out about this mode and got it for .25. So far it is great, however I am having one issue related to the number of mods I have installed. When I go under ALL/Storage tab the list of storage types is so long it does off the screen so I can not see them all. I have about 20+ mods installed, included KSPI Lite, Kolonization(+ authors other mods including Karbonitie), and others which add new resources and thus new storage types. Can you make the tab scrollable? Or perhaps check the screen resolution and if need be have multiple columns.

For anyone having the blank icon issue, try putting your mouse over the area that the icons would normally be and then scroll up or down. There is a feature with the mod that allows multiple pages when the list gets to large; when it gets to that point, it makes a new page so more icons can be displayed. I'm thing that's issue anyone who has blank icons problem. I know I had the same problem once and I was totally lost; then one day I scrolled over the area, and then boom, fixed.

Hopefully this will help, if it doesn't then you'll have to get into contact with the mod author. It may be a good idea to check the settings of the mod as well. There may be a bad setting that you don't want that's causing the problem. Good luck guys!

I have done some icons that I want to share with you:

DMagic Orbital Sciences

kOS Scriptable Autopilot System

NASAmission

Procedural Fairings

SCANsat

Station Science

Universal Storage (sorry, but I don't like the standard icon for this mod...)

Deployable Airbags (wich is in the USI Survivability Pack form Umbra Space Industries)

I hope you like them:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rqt9c6jvhfpi5p/MyPartCatalogIcons.rar?dl=0

Hello. I've been getting this in my output.log. First appeared when I added partcatalog (most current version)

Failed to load assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSPLua\KopiLua.dll:
System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSPLua\KopiLua.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!
Allows launching of external processes.
at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The mod itself seems to be working fine, other then the error being reported in the log.

Not sure what I've done, but the "tabs" along the parts lists (under the settings gear button) no longer display. Search still works.

The only thing I can think of is my adding Editor Utilities.

^^ This ^^

Just occurred for me out of the blue a couple days ago.

I have a lot of mods, sometimes when i put or remove some mods/reinstall this mod, only the configuration and search button appear (when i type something in the search bar it doesn't show any part), some other times the parts show but i cannot take them and use them, and sometimes the tags appear but when i click one, no parts appear.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got quite a few mods installed, and this one is doing a great job of letting me sort through them to find the parts I need. However, with mods like MKS/OKS and the like, there are lots of resources, and so the "Storage" category ends up with dozens of subcategories -- so many that they can't all be shown at once. I realize that the poor scroll-wheel is getting a hefty workout from this mod, but it would be handy to be able to scroll through the subcategory list. Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.