[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

I also think that PartCatalog was quite nifty (even though the lately changes in stock sorting). Mouse scroll was already mentioned, brilliantly simple, and yet so great. The other thing I did adore was sorting via mod folder name instead of manufacturer (some mods use stock manufacturers for their parts, and sorting via that becomes painful). And third last thing. I simply loved the menu nesting tree like setup. Well... thats all from me. I would personally love to see this mod updated to 0.90.

The other thing I did adore was sorting via mod folder name instead of manufacturer (some mods use stock manufacturers for their parts, and sorting via that becomes painful).

Well, didnt realized that before.. This coudl really be mess.

Blacknecro, please dont give up the mod :)

If nothing else PLEASE at least make a separate mod that enables the mouse scrolling functionality. And not just the mouse scrolling between pages, but the shift+scroll functionality that allows you to scroll through the categories as well. The scrolling feature is my absolute favorite feature for workflow. I can literally build almost twice as fast with the scroll feature. It allows me to very quickly jump categories and pages to find the part I need with almost zero thought. With the 0.90 update I am constantly flicking my scroll wheel expecting to jump to the next page only to be deeply saddened by the lack of page turning. Having to manually click through the pages and categories is so utterly cumbersome after getting accustomed to the beauty that is PartCatalog's page scrolling feature. It would be a terrible tragedy to lose the feature forever.

I forgot about one more super-duper boosting efficiency part of the mod. A textfield search. It was so much faster just to type BATT (or im BATTMAN) if you were to find most of the batteries really quick. Same with RCS or other things, that have the needed stuff in their name. I think, that I haven't seen a seach thingy in stock sorting mechanics (or perhaps I'm blind).

Ill jump on the train and say that I would still rather have .25 interface + pc vs .90 interface. I like the direction they went with the interface, but its still not enough.

Please maintain this mod. Or document what you have so someone else can take over.

The funny thing is, that .25 interface (top) + pc = was actually more workspace. Now top is missing (lol dota2), and workarea is shrunken by the vertical interface.

To conclude. PC =

* sorting via mod folder name

* tree like structure for finding parts (great sorting, nice icons, if only it would be scrollable if too many mods used)

* including and excluding mod parts to list (+ tree like structure for each picked branch)

* textarea search parts

* mouse scroll on part pages

Cold facts :)

Edited by Ald

There is definitely still a need for this mod, and/or improvement on the stock catalog. First , the sort by manufacturers tab is useless because it doesn't include mods (which it should). I have no idea what manufactuers make the stock Lv909 or the blah blah whatever. Now if those tabs were set to each Mod maker, that would be a different story.

The sort by resources tab is just an absolute freaking nightmare when you've installed more than a couple of mods. I've got a hundred resource tabs with 1 or 2 parts in each. And a bunch that are just empty. UUUUUggghgghghg.

Not to mention the only way to sort custom tabs is to delete and remake them.

So yeah.. Parts Catalog integration would be awesome if it's even possible.

...the only way to sort custom tabs is to delete and remake them...

It doesn't affect the strength of your point, because I agree that it's still obnoxious, but this might save you some grief in the meantime:

You can go in and edit the text file directly at GameData\Squad\PartList to adjust the tab order. (This is also where you can add more icons I believe.)

I created an account here just to add my voice in support of this mod being continued. It *rocks* compared to the stock .90 interface.

I'm a part junkie (Not part time junkie, a junkie who likes parts!) The .90 stock interface is damned near useless compared to Part Catalog, IMO.

To get this straight out of the box I won't update the current PartCatalog codebase, would be just madness to try and merge it in the new stock editor.

But after playing with 0.90 a bit I'll need some solution for this stock mess and was pretty much the same reason I started PartCatalog.

I can't promise anything especially not fast but I will probably work on this issue and if it ends up as something remotely usable I'll make sure to let you know.

Guess I'll spend the evening digging through the new stock editor stuff and see whether I can shape it into something useful.

Fair enough - you'd know best what will and won't work, but I will add my voice of encouragement - I find PC a much better solution. The in game "thing" is like many knockoffs - someone sees something being successful, and makes a very low quality analogue. I appreciate they tried, but they didn't succeed really.

To get this straight out of the box I won't update the current PartCatalog codebase, would be just madness to try and merge it in the new stock editor.

But after playing with 0.90 a bit I'll need some solution for this stock mess and was pretty much the same reason I started PartCatalog.

I can't promise anything especially not fast but I will probably work on this issue and if it ends up as something remotely usable I'll make sure to let you know.

Guess I'll spend the evening digging through the new stock editor stuff and see whether I can shape it into something useful.

Thanks you :)

I would kiss* anyone´s feet virtually if they can give me back mouse wheel scrolling in the part pages.

*washed virtual feet only, offer expires within 10 seconds after being posted, however authorized representatives of the poster will have the right to reasonably inspect, announced or unannounced and in its sole and absolute discretion, the helpful person´s premises and to inspect the bathroom and wear level of the soap, whether located on the helpful person´s premises or elsewhere, at any time, in order to ensure helpful persons´s adherence to the terms of this Agreement.

I, too, loved the mouse scrolling, but to me the big issue is the sorting. OMG the new stock sorting is unusable. With a half dozen mods and no way to sort by mod folder I can't find anything. Sort by mfg is useless. I cannot find anything in the new stock part list. Its a total disaster. I need my PartCatalog back. I'm nearly to the point of shelving KSP until something happens with part sorting that I can make sense of.

I, too, loved the mouse scrolling, but to me the big issue is the sorting. OMG the new stock sorting is unusable. With a half dozen mods and no way to sort by mod folder I can't find anything. Sort by mfg is useless. I cannot find anything in the new stock part list. Its a total disaster. I need my PartCatalog back. I'm nearly to the point of shelving KSP until something happens with part sorting that I can make sense of.

i got to admit i have the same problem i thought the editor changes where supposed to make things easier? EPIC FAIL imo

You can make your own categories... if you have 10 hours to spare... because you have to add every part to the appropriate category, one by one, in the same way that you add a subassembly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.