[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

Wow, I hadn't played KSP in a month or two and now I realize I can't actually play the game without this plugin. Finding parts is just too difficult without an automatic, easy to use catalog system. Why did Squad have to break this again? Please continue the development of this mod!

Upthread, there's a little plugin by Fred4106 that restores the scrolling function (though not shift+scroll to change categories), and Filter Extensions has lots of the automatic and custom category creation features implemented or in the works (full disclosure: I've contributed some to this addon). I'm not aware of any mods that feature part-search, unfortunately.

Upthread, there's a little plugin by Fred4106 that restores the scrolling function (though not shift+scroll to change categories), and Filter Extensions has lots of the automatic and custom category creation features implemented or in the works (full disclosure: I've contributed some to this addon). I'm not aware of any mods that feature part-search, unfortunately.

there is part search one here

Aside from scrolling, i miss this functionality:

You coudl filter parts by mod, and within singel mod you coudl filter parts by type..

Right now with stock manufacturer filtering you can either filter by part type or by manufacturer, you cant select only command parts from b9 for example.. or am i doing something wrong?

You cann't

Maybe you want to try Filter Extensions in combination with Quick Scroll

Any word on this? I litteraly can't play without this. I've been taking breaks from KSP just cuz I can't stand playing without this. It's my #1 most important mod.

BlackNecro said he was seeing if he could fix it, but that was about a month ago and he hasn't posted since. In the meantime, there are a few other mods that can be used to replicate various functions of this mod. QuickSearch and QuickScroll reproduce the keyword part search and mouse wheel page scrolling, respectively. Filter Extensions allows the creation of various "sort by [whatever]" filters using .cfg files, and includes some premade, like "sort by GameData folder" (i.e. sort by mod), which should let you reproduce most of the sorting features previously present in PartCatalog. It is also under active development (last updated three days ago), so you can request features if you want.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i agree too... i need this mod to live !!

I wholeheartedly agree. I know that there are mods that try to replicate what this mod did, but I have yet to see a true successor that meets / met the quality of this mod. Combined with that fact, plus with how much memory 0.90 uses with just a stock install is enough for me to stick with 0.25. Hopefully when the next KSP release (hopefully another beta release if Squad is smart, but I doubt that...) drops, memory optimization will be much better. As it stands now, I'm unable to run roughly 40% - 50% less mods than what I did in 0.25, and that's with aggressive ActiveTextureManagement and other game textures reduced to a quarter of their normal size.

With how this game is built and with how long it's been out for purchase, mods make the game what it is. With the mods that are out there to run, I have limitless options for what I want to do, what parts I need, and what I want those parts to do; I can also completely change what a part was originally meant to do as well. The most useful tool KSP has, in my mind, is ModuleManager, and guess what, it's a mod made the community. Once you take away the ability to have more mods, you are effectively killing the replayability factor by a massive amount. I know not everyone has this problem, but I also know there has to be more people that feel this way due to the sheer size of the game's community.

As an example of extremely small "modding" is that I have the new MK3 parts that were introduced in 0.90 in my 0.25 game; all it takes is a few config edits and the models plus textures. If I see a mod that introduces more parts that I find interesting or just plain want, once again, just a few minor config changes and boom, it's working and usable in 0.25. I can do this because 0.25 has a decent amount of ram to play with unlike 0.90 that barely has enough room to allow two or three of the bigger mods this community has made.

My last statement, as said above, is hopefully the next release will fix the issues I currently have with the game, but, until then, I'm sticking to 0.25. Or, the better option, Unity get's a stable 64bit and KSP is converted. I'd prefer the latter, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Until then, the first option will have to do.

Meanwhile i hate the 0.90 part categories, even more with filter extensions.

SimplePartOrganizer and/or PartCatalog would be really really nice.

One of the latest updates to the FilterExtensions mod changes the Manufacturer tab to basically display your parts by Mod folder. (basicly the same way PartCatalog did) Its a great fillin for part catalog. Which probably wont be returning.

Meanwhile i hate the 0.90 part categories, even more with filter extensions.

I'll bite since I'm rather ignorant of how either of those mods functioned:

How did said mods function, and what about FE annoys you

One of the latest updates to the FilterExtensions mod changes the Manufacturer tab to basically display your parts by Mod folder

That has been a feature since v1.3 :sticktongue: (which would be probably 2 days after the first release knowing my habits)

• 2 weeks later...
I'll bite since I'm rather ignorant of how either of those mods functioned:

How did said mods function, and what about FE annoys you

That has been a feature since v1.3 :sticktongue: (which would be probably 2 days after the first release knowing my habits)

In PartCatalog you can choose a "Manufacturer" and then further drill down by part type, resource type and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

Please resurrect this mod.

Constructing something big is much more cumbersome without it.

Also, deleting parts (disabling part .cfg) directly from in-game part catalog would be nice, too (and, ideally, unload disabled part) - to save RAM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's been couple months after I first found out it didn't update for 0.25 (I think) or whenever they changed the editor UI.

It probably just died...

Im not familiar with all the licensing terms, does CC-SA let people fork? If so, maybe someone with skills (I dont have those) can fork and run with it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.