[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

I'm great with numbers but absolutely rubbish at graphics. So, I was wondering if I could make an icon request? [snip]

With my incredible MS-Paint skills, I have made some icons, partially with graphics from the game, and partially with other graphics:

mOqkVlq.png

(left to right): Aero Electrical Fuel Engines Structural Pods Science

Get them here (unpack in partcatalog folder)

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to lock the size of the editor window? I use a surround setup (great for space shots and flying) but it makes editing parts IMPOSSIBLE because it stretches across all the monitors.

Would it be possible to just let us resize it? if not, can you lock it to 16x9 aspect ratio and center it so it wont spill over to the side screens?

Thought I would share these with the rest of y'all. They're not the greatest by any means but get the job done.

Hope ya like 'em!

Download Link: Here

bdr7.png

From top to bottom:

Firspitter's Plane and Heli

Hooligan Lab's Airship

Infernal Robotics

NovaPunch

Procedural Fairings

Procedural Wings

TT's Modular Wheels

Stretchy Tank's

To have 'em show up in-game install into:

GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/PluginData/partcatalog

To get 'em to work with the right tag, just click that tag and then click on edit icon, choose the right icon and you're good to go.

Hello, can i make a request? :)

It would be great to exclude tags with single click, meanning when i click+modifier a tag, all tags become selected, except that clicked one. After that i can ctrl-click tags as usualy, to exclude them futher.

regards

Found a Nasty bug, if you scroll down to the second page of tags and then scroll down again it looses all tag and group information and you have to stat from scratch again over and over again as its so easy to continue to scroll down with the mouse wheel.

BlackNecro, you're awesome! Thanks for this mod. I love part mods, and my part tabs were getting very cluttered. Not a big deal now! I'll be off to set up my custom tags so I can be really efficient. Thanks again!

PS - Thanks for the icons everyone, those rock too! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few problems with this mod, and I have done a bit of bughunting. I have found out that:

If you have a tag selected (for example "squad") when you launch a spacecraft, there is a high probability that when you get back, it will have forgotten the contents of the different tags. Sometimes, deleting every tag and subsequently using autotag + autogroup, it will help, but sometimes it won't.

I have a feeling that it only works on page 2 tags, and there is a lot of variation in this bug.

Thought I would share these with the rest of y'all. They're not the greatest by any means but get the job done.

Hope ya like 'em!

Download Link: Here

bdr7.png

From top to bottom:

Firspitter's Plane and Heli

Hooligan Lab's Airship

Infernal Robotics

NovaPunch

Procedural Fairings

Procedural Wings

TT's Modular Wheels

Stretchy Tank's

To have 'em show up in-game install into:

GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/PluginData/partcatalog

To get 'em to work with the right tag, just click that tag and then click on edit icon, choose the right icon and you're good to go.

Cool. But, you know, NovaPunch2 already has an official icon - it just isn't included in the download.

So, is there a way to disable the popup on mouseover now?

Please, make the menues open only when clicked!

I personaly find the hotkeys quite enough for navigating.

The subcategories, popping up all over the screen when you try to place a part too low are quite irritating.

Edited by Absolute Human

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice mod :)

However, it fails pretty hard in Linux systems because their filesystem is case sensitive. The plugin loads its icons from the path "PluginData/PartCatalog" but in the zip file is "PluginData/partcatalog" so fails to load icons and hangs pretty badly. Renaming it fixed it.

I have a few problems with this mod, and I have done a bit of bughunting. I have found out that:

If you have a tag selected (for example "squad") when you launch a spacecraft, there is a high probability that when you get back, it will have forgotten the contents of the different tags. Sometimes, deleting every tag and subsequently using autotag + autogroup, it will help, but sometimes it won't.

I have a feeling that it only works on page 2 tags, and there is a lot of variation in this bug.

Having this issue too, sadly I think this mod has gone inactive and because of this bug the entire mod has become useless to have installed in .21.1

Yeah, unfortunately, last post from the author was back in July, acknowledging some bugs to squash for the next version... and was never heard from again. :(

But it is CC BY-SA licensed, so anyone can fix and redistribute modified versions, as long as attribution to the original author remains, and the modified versions are also thus licensed. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.