[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

Is the hotfix standalone, or do I have to merge it with the .21 download somehow?

Even better, it is outdated now!

So I've just updated to 0.23 and fixed an issues that was left open with the hotfix.

Tags are now filtered based on whether they contain researched parts, if they don't (and no of their child tags do) they won't be displayed in your menu.

Part categories are now filtered based on researched parts aswell so they no longer leave you with empty tabs.

I know people are after .23 compatability more than features, but is it possible to have the auto categorization work based on mod pack? I noticed you had something like that in a image on your leading post. Is it also possible to allow mods to have data in their part cfg files that your mod can pick up on? This would allow for something like the Kethan pack to mark all his parts as 'Kethane', maybe mark the scanners as 'Scanners' too.

I know people are after .23 compatability more than features, but is it possible to have the auto categorization work based on mod pack? I noticed you had something like that in a image on your leading post. Is it also possible to allow mods to have data in their part cfg files that your mod can pick up on? This would allow for something like the Kethan pack to mark all his parts as 'Kethane', maybe mark the scanners as 'Scanners' too.

That is how it already works dude. Click on the icon assigned to kethane and it will only show the kethane parts. Same for all other mods. All the others parts vanish until you re-enable them.

Have you even installed and tried this mod?

Edited by Kass

Sandbox mode is being repaired right now, was a last minute change I didn't double check against sandbox mode.

Just wrapping everything up so expect a patched release on the front page in a few minutes

I'm still trying to replicate the missing part bug, as even back then I haven't found a single occasion of that happening.

Just tried it with AIES and the American Pack and found no missing parts.

You do hit the auto tag button after installing new stuff don't you?

That is how it already works dude. Click on the icon assigned to kethane and it will only show the kethane parts. Same for all other mods. All the others parts vanish until you re-enable them.

Have you even installed and tried this mod?

lol, nope :P

I didn't want to install it if it didn't have support for this. Will give it a go then.

Thanks.

lol, nope :P

I didn't want to install it if it didn't have support for this. Will give it a go then.

Thanks.

You genuinely made me crack-up when I read this :)

Yeah, it's a great mod and tbh, pretty much essential. I have basically every mod under the sun installed and this is the only way I can make any sense of my parts list in the VAB SPH.

BlackNecro when you create windows you should use id more "random" than 100+i. Choose a large number and start from this.

I had 2 others mods colliding with those windows id. And while it does funny drawing I am sure most users won't understand what happened :)

Having a problem with my layout settings not saving. Every time I enter the VAB, it automatically defaults to the settings button being at the top and unchecks the autohide box. Minor inconvenience, but still annoying when I don't want to have the catalog always visible. When I don't need it.

BlackNecro when you create windows you should use id more "random" than 100+i. Choose a large number and start from this.

I had 2 others mods colliding with those windows id. And while it does funny drawing I am sure most users won't understand what happened :)

Interesting, thought the ids were just for the callback functions, not global ones, but didn't spent much thought on it either, will move it to some other number range then.

Having a problem with my layout settings not saving. Every time I enter the VAB, it automatically defaults to the settings button being at the top and unchecks the autohide box. Minor inconvenience, but still annoying when I don't want to have the catalog always visible. When I don't need it.

Will have a look into that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.