[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

I put this in my plugin folder and it isn't working. Any help?

It goes in GameData not Plugin.

So it should look like ....\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\PartCatalog\Plugins\Partcatalog.dll & Plugindata folder

Edited by King Jareth

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick check in to let you know this is not dead and is still being worked on.

I'm in the middle of rewriting most of the code.Got most of the background stuff worked out by now and all that's left is the actual tag editor.

I'll just leave these here to give you an idea about the new subtagging system and what the autotag in combination with autogroup can do for you.

http://puu.sh/3zUyr.jpg

http://puu.sh/3zUzY.jpg

http://puu.sh/3zVgn.jpg

http://puu.sh/3zVgC.jpg

http://puu.sh/3zVgW.jpg

Oh my god, YES! I'm installing this right away!

Now if only the Select Ship screen can be categorized, so your most-used ships would be in one category, Stock ships would be in another.

After playing around with it, I like it. But I do have a request. I have some "hacked" Stock parts (changed the .cfg files and put them in /Parts/RandomFolderName/defaultFolders. My stuff shows up in the Parts, but also the stock versions of said parts also show up.

How can I make them go away, and only show my "hacked" versions? I have no idea how to code here.

Edited by Benie

After playing around with it, I like it. But I do have a request. I have some "hacked" Stock parts (changed the .cfg files and put them in /Parts/RandomFolderName/defaultFolders. My stuff shows up in the Parts, but also the stock versions of said parts also show up.

How can I make them go away, and only show my "hacked" versions? I have no idea how to code here.

You mean you put them in the /Parts folder under /Squad? You shouldn't put anything in /Squad. Make your own folder under /GameData, name it whatever you like (e.g. "BenieCo"), create a Parts folder under that, and put your customized parts there. This basically makes your own mod, which will be recognized and autotagged as such.

/KSP_win/GameData/BenieCo/Parts/largeTank/...

Edited by Gaius

No. I get them out of the /Squad folder, and put them in the /Parts folder.

Basically: KSP_win/Parts/CustomFolder/stockFolders

But I will try it like this instead.

Edit: No. I still see my version, and the stock version.

Edited by Benie

I have some "hacked" Stock parts (changed the .cfg files and put them in /Parts/RandomFolderName/defaultFolders. My stuff shows up in the Parts, but also the stock versions of said parts also show up.

You could simply open the .cfg file in the Squad folder, make changes, and save. Alternatively, copy the file to your RandomFolderName folder, make changes there, and save it with the same part name. If you know you're never going to use the vanilla version, just overwrite what's already there; it's easier that way.

If you know you're never going to use the vanilla version, just overwrite what's already there; it's easier that way.

I've tried, but it still makes a copy of that part, and that copy somehow still uses the original .cfg. The only way I managed to actually get them to work, is to get them out of the /Squad folder.

I'm sure the reason why it makes a copy, is it still uses the stock modules and mesh. I always make sure the folder is copied.

Edit: I did it. I did what Gaius said, and also renamed the stock folders. This is keeping the stock parts out and my versions of them in.

Edited by Benie

why can't I find this in the SpacePort?
Because of its license. You can get it out of the OP.

Interesting thinking, actually I was just too lazy to get it on the SpacePort even though I wasn't aware of licensing problems with it?

Anyways license is subject to change for the next version and the whole thing will appear on SpacePort.

I'm in the last steps of refactoring the tag editor. All that's left is a proper icon handling frontend then.

Nice addon, but correct me if I'm doing something wrong, autotag doesn't make more than 8 tags (I have ~11 additional part mods installed).

~11 additional part mods? Sounds like unorganized legacy mods . Autotagging will only grab mods installed in GameData in their own mod folder, legacy mods aren't supported.

If they are indeed mods in the new format could you give me a list of which mods aren't grabbed?

For some reason the icons aren't working, they've all got question marks instead of actual icons.

Running under Windows or Linux/MacOS?

Also installed it properly? That is you have the PartCatalog folder in your KSP/GameData folder?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.